·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys<br />
<br />
I'm using my work laptop right now and its giving me grief.<br />
<br />
I'm using AutoCad on my laptop (AMD Turion ML-32 cpu, 1GB Ram, blah, blah, blah) and its real slow. When I bring up task manager its using 100% cpu non-stop, when I try to play music through media player the music is all jumpy.<br />
<br />
What the hell is going on? This has only started happening in the last few days. I've cleaned the registry, defragged, run spybot but nothing has changed........any ideas would be very helpful as this is really bugging me!<br />
<br />
Joe

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't worry guys it was my AVG running constant checks in the background, don't know how or why!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO! Its still doing it even with AVG off.......help!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Have you installed any new software or hardware in the last two days. If you have and it involved installing drivers that might be the issue. Use DriverCleaner to completely remove the drivers and reinistall.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I haven't installed any software or hardware though I will still give it a try.<br />
<br />
Its very annoying, I can't listen to music and work at the same time!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
try doing a system restore. go to start -> programs -> accesories -> system tools -> system restore. try doing a point from 1 or two weeks ago. if this does not work, a fresh install of windows will, if thats not possible. try a virus scan and hijackthis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts