Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know there is a simple solution but my brain is not functioning properly.

My new Motherboard and fresh install of XP will not see all my drives however if I go to System properties and look at devices they are all there and listed as working properly but when I click on my Computer only my Master driver on IDE 1 shows up and my Slave CD writer shows up on IDE 2..

any ideas

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Are your drive jumpers set properly?

I can't think of anything else that could be it...my brains not functioning either. lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 40 gig , 80 gig and a 250 gig

The 80gig is my primary Master only 1 partition
The 250 Gig is a Primary Slave and 1 partition
the 40 gig is a secondary master 1 partition
and a DVD writer as a secondart slave

I can see the Primary master and the secondary Slave dvd writer
but not the Primary slave or the secondary master

I had this same setup on a Asus board and all worked fine but I just installed the DFI Lanparty NF][ Ultra B and now I can not see the drives

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to update you guys on this problem I had. I had to re-partition and format the drives in order to use them. Lost the contents of my 250gig drive, was not to happy there luckly most of the stuff was backed up on CD.

anyway the problem was that Norton Systemworks Platinum 2005 encryped the drive, so when I changed the motherboard,ram and CPU and did a re-install on the OS.. I lost the drives because they were encrypted.

Never the less Norton 2005 is no longer on my drive

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Ooops!!!

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
lol. the things you never remember before reformatting/rebuilding. thnks for the update, i read this a while back and thought you just hadnt partitioned!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts