Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to see what kind of speeds I can get with my cpu. I know that my ram will do 250 at 2-3-3-8 but only with the multiplier on my cpu at 9. If I try 10 windows won't boot and if I try 11 I get detecting raid array before windows loads and it just keeps rebooting. Any Ideas. My specs are listed below.

I lowered my htt multiplier to 3 also.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak
Did you try loosening the ram timings? 2-3-3-8 is pretty tight for 250 FSB.
No I didn't. Right now I am running at 9x260 at 2.5-3-3-10. Still won't boot at 10x or 11x. I may drop it back to 250 and leave timings where they are and try 10x or 11x.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandron19
No I didn't. Right now I am running at 9x260 at 2.5-3-3-10. Still won't boot at 10x or 11x. I may drop it back to 250 and leave timings where they are and try 10x or 11x.
Best way to do this is the opposite way of how you are doing it now...

Loosen your ram timings up as far as they will go, drop down your HT multi to 1x and start upping your FSB until it maxes out and you can't get any further. Then go back and start tightening back up each ram timing one by one, number by number, until it won't boot, then go back and make it 1 higher... Do that for everything and that should be your max overclock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
Best way to do this is the opposite way of how you are doing it now...

Loosen your ram timings up as far as they will go, drop down your HT multi to 1x and start upping your FSB until it maxes out and you can't get any further. Then go back and start tightening back up each ram timing one by one, number by number, until it won't boot, then go back and make it 1 higher... Do that for everything and that should be your max overclock.
Should I leave my CPU multiplier alone. And the Ht multi do i need to go all the way to 1 or just stay around 800 on the htt?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts