Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some insight into how 2 gpu's perform against 1 gpu. I have the Gtx 650Ti. So if any one has 2 6770's or 6850's or even Nvidia equivalent and is willing to bench please do
smile.gif
. Benchmarking software as well as in game benches are welcome
smile.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its always going to be better in gaming to go with one higher end card then 2 midrange cards. I was a proud owner of 2 6850 and they rocked until I invested in a 6970. The single card was smoother during gameplay less micro stuttering and higher FPS. I eventually moved on to the current 7970Ghz card that blows most cards out of the water when playing at 1080p or higher. I would go with one high-end card.

Cheers:D

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by highendpcgamer View Post

Its always going to be better in gaming to go with one higher end card then 2 midrange cards. I was a proud owner of 2 6850 and they rocked until I invested in a 6970. The single card was smoother during gameplay less micro stuttering and higher FPS. I eventually moved on to the current 7970Ghz card that blows most cards out of the water when playing at 1080p or higher. I would go with one high-end card.

Cheers:D
thumb.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you like some screen shot of my 7970 in action I be more then willing. Let me know.
biggrin.gif

Cheers

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

If you like some screen shot of my 7970 in action I be more then willing. Let me know.
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Sure I don't mind going up against your gpu. Pick a few games with in game benches and I'm willing to run benches.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts

This is Heaven at my stock settings, im working on doing OC now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It be a lot higher not in fullscreen using extreme that y I did 1080p to max it all the way out, running OC run now.

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

It be a lot higher not in fullscreen using extreme that y I did 1080p to max it all the way out, running OC run now.
Here's my Resident Evil 6 benchmark. Downloaded it from guru 3d. This is at 1920x1080 and with all settings maxed out.

Can you upload a benchmark of this as well as 3D Mark 11?

·
Registered
175 Posts

This is OC result

Stock:
1010 on the core
1375 on the memory

OC:
1125on the core
1500 on the memroy

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

This is OC result

Stock:
1010 on the core
1375 on the memory

OC:
1125on the core
1500 on the memroy
That's like double my card. Can you run 3d mark 11? or a few games with in game benches, like metro last light if you do happen to have it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im running 3dmark 11 right now and downloading RE6, and I do have metro but I have to install it.

GAME ON!!!!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts

I think I kinda blew you out of the water on 3dmark11 score lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
The biggest benefit to SLI/Crossfire IMO is the ability to power 4 or more monitors at a time along with the ability to SLI/CFX to get combinedGPU power of both. You don't have to have matching cards to power 4 or more monitors, but matching cards in SLI/Crossfire do give you much better performance as well as the ability to power 4-8 1080p monitors, or 3+ 1440p monitors should you feel like. 1 high end card is the best for gaming but you are able to power less monitors for things outside of gaming, so it's always a trade off. If you're not ever going to run more than 1 or 2 monitors it doesn't make sense to SLI/CFX IMO. Even 3 1080p. 3+ 1440p or 5+ 1080p then yes go SLI/CFX or just add a much smaller PhysX card.

·
Registered
175 Posts
wow!!! Im running RE6 again right now the first screen capture didn't work :/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.