Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some insight into how 2 gpu's perform against 1 gpu. I have the Gtx 650Ti. So if any one has 2 6770's or 6850's or even Nvidia equivalent and is willing to bench please do
smile.gif
. Benchmarking software as well as in game benches are welcome
smile.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its always going to be better in gaming to go with one higher end card then 2 midrange cards. I was a proud owner of 2 6850 and they rocked until I invested in a 6970. The single card was smoother during gameplay less micro stuttering and higher FPS. I eventually moved on to the current 7970Ghz card that blows most cards out of the water when playing at 1080p or higher. I would go with one high-end card.

Cheers:D

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by highendpcgamer View Post

Its always going to be better in gaming to go with one higher end card then 2 midrange cards. I was a proud owner of 2 6850 and they rocked until I invested in a 6970. The single card was smoother during gameplay less micro stuttering and higher FPS. I eventually moved on to the current 7970Ghz card that blows most cards out of the water when playing at 1080p or higher. I would go with one high-end card.

Cheers:D
thumb.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you like some screen shot of my 7970 in action I be more then willing. Let me know.
biggrin.gif

Cheers

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

If you like some screen shot of my 7970 in action I be more then willing. Let me know.
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Sure I don't mind going up against your gpu. Pick a few games with in game benches and I'm willing to run benches.
biggrin.gif

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

This is Heaven at my stock settings, im working on doing OC now.
That's good
smile.gif
Wow! Dude use extreme preset. That give you a resolution of 1600x900. You did it at 1920x1080.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It be a lot higher not in fullscreen using extreme that y I did 1080p to max it all the way out, running OC run now.

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

It be a lot higher not in fullscreen using extreme that y I did 1080p to max it all the way out, running OC run now.
Here's my Resident Evil 6 benchmark. Downloaded it from guru 3d. This is at 1920x1080 and with all settings maxed out.

Can you upload a benchmark of this as well as 3D Mark 11?

·
Registered
175 Posts

This is OC result

Stock:
1010 on the core
1375 on the memory

OC:
1125on the core
1500 on the memroy

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

This is OC result

Stock:
1010 on the core
1375 on the memory

OC:
1125on the core
1500 on the memroy
That's like double my card. Can you run 3d mark 11? or a few games with in game benches, like metro last light if you do happen to have it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im running 3dmark 11 right now and downloading RE6, and I do have metro but I have to install it.

GAME ON!!!!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
257 Posts
The biggest benefit to SLI/Crossfire IMO is the ability to power 4 or more monitors at a time along with the ability to SLI/CFX to get combinedGPU power of both. You don't have to have matching cards to power 4 or more monitors, but matching cards in SLI/Crossfire do give you much better performance as well as the ability to power 4-8 1080p monitors, or 3+ 1440p monitors should you feel like. 1 high end card is the best for gaming but you are able to power less monitors for things outside of gaming, so it's always a trade off. If you're not ever going to run more than 1 or 2 monitors it doesn't make sense to SLI/CFX IMO. Even 3 1080p. 3+ 1440p or 5+ 1080p then yes go SLI/CFX or just add a much smaller PhysX card.

·
Banned
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

I think I kinda blew you out of the water on 3dmark11 score lol
Exactly. My gpu score was 5576 and yours was 9111. Here in India my gpu costs Rs 9,500 and yours here is Rs 37,000
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
175 Posts
wow!!! Im running RE6 again right now the first screen capture didn't work :/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts