Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need big help with my ocing!!!
Ok here is whats happening. I have ASUS P4C 800 E DLX mobo and i m using AI overclocking but i dunno why i cant oc 20%!!! Whats wrong?

P4 3.2C Northwood
OCZ PC 4000 DDR 500
Aerocool Deep imapct 102
PSU 500W

Someone help me plz!!!

thnx alot!!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
AI overclocking?? I've never liked any of that software clocking crap because they're unreliable and a PITA.

READ HERE, ask questions, then go to work in your bios
, you'll achieve a better more reliable overclock that way. oh and most importantly, you'll learn how to overclock.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Crashed, junk posts like that are not apreciated. Please help rather than say a word that no one understands.

To help you hanwinting, i cant overclock past 3.7Ghz in software where in the bios i can hit 4.1Ghz.

Bios is the way to go, better results and more options.

Dont forge the 5 adjustments that are essential for ocing your CPU,
The 5 are (from most important to least):

1. FSB: Without the change of that, you get no perfoprmanc eincrease from your CPU
2. AGP/PCI/PCIe Lock: you must lock those buses to get any thing of a descent OC
3. Vcore Voltage: You must adjust this to get the maximum out of your CPU
4. Spread Spectrum Off: To get a more stable OC, you must turn Spread Spectrum Off
5. Chipset Vcore Voltage: For serious overclocking, applying more Vcore to your Chipset is Vial.

Then things to check if you've tried everything above and get jammed at a clock speed:

1. Reduce your RAM:CPU Ratio to test if it's your RAM that is holding you back, to get more out of your RAM, RAM Voltage needs to be adjusted.
2. Check your heat, to hot and messages to and from the CPU will be lost, resulting in instability of your system
3. Your PSU maybe holding you back, if you have a small PSU or your PSU isn't very good, then that could be what is holding you back.
4. In the end there is only so far you can OC and you might have just reached your limit. Your limit maybe caused by your Mobo or CPU dpepending on if your mobo is a good one.

I hope i've helped on your OCing adventures and please get soem info and becnhamrks up on your results.

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
Crashed, junk posts like that are not apreciated. Please help rather than say a word that no one understands.

To help you hanwinting, i cant overclock past 3.7Ghz in software where in the bios i can hit 4.1Ghz.

Bios is the way to go, better results and more options.

Dont forge the 5 adjustments that are essential for ocing your CPU,
The 5 are (from most important to least):

1. FSB: Without the change of that, you get no perfoprmanc eincrease from your CPU
2. AGP/PCI/PCIe Lock: you must lock those buses to get any thing of a descent OC
3. Vcore Voltage: You must adjust this to get the maximum out of your CPU
4. Spread Spectrum Off: To get a more stable OC, you must turn Spread Spectrum Off
5. Chipset Vcore Voltage: For serious overclocking, applying more Vcore to your Chipset is Vial.

Then things to check if you've tried everything above and get jammed at a clock speed:

1. Reduce your RAM:CPU Ratio to test if it's your RAM that is holding you back, to get more out of your RAM, RAM Voltage needs to be adjusted.
2. Check your heat, to hot and messages to and from the CPU will be lost, resulting in instability of your system
3. Your PSU maybe holding you back, if you have a small PSU or your PSU isn't very good, then that could be what is holding you back.
4. In the end there is only so far you can OC and you might have just reached your limit. Your limit maybe caused by your Mobo or CPU dpepending on if your mobo is a good one.

I hope i've helped on your OCing adventures and please get soem info and becnhamrks up on your results.

Cheers!!!

thnx alot sloth!!!
can u plz go to this forum and check out what i did and mine still stuck at 3.6 with bios
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=9536
thnx alot!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts