Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright air coolers,

i had a revelation last night that i wanted to share with you guys so you can have lower temps, potentially that is!

so, in the picture below, you will see the "tornado" car air intake assisting system - i am thinking that one of those is small enough to fit into an 80mm duct for a comp! so here is how the setup woud go:

front 120mm or 80mm intake --> duct ---> tornado inside the duct --> heatsink fan!

someone please buy this and tell me the results!!

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbieocer
alright air coolers,

i had a revelation last night that i wanted to share with you guys so you can have lower temps, potentially that is!

so, in the picture below, you will see the "tornado" car air intake assisting system - i am thinking that one of those is small enough to fit into an 80mm duct for a comp! so here is how the setup woud go:

front 120mm or 80mm intake --> duct ---> tornado inside the duct --> heatsink fan!

someone please buy this and tell me the results!!

What do those things do... They look like metal rings and thats about it... How do they improve cooling or how would they improve cooling.

I dont get it

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
They are used for older carburated vehicles. They cause turbulence which increases airflow by decreasing resistance.

I dont think this will work from a computer modification point of view mainly because:

A fan being used to push air is already causing the same turbulent flow that these rings are trying to create.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't believe you guys have never seen the infomercial!
it is awesome!!

it simply goes into the air intake duct of any car -- and increases air flow because it basically causes the air to funnel like a torando - drastically imprvoing the speed and quantity of air passing through the duct...

anywayz, if i was still air cooling, i would try the thing - it would definitely be a first, and who knows, perhaps it is the next frontier...

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

They are used for older carburated vehicles. They cause turbulence which increases airflow by decreasing resistance.

I dont think this will work from a computer modification point of view mainly because:

A fan being used to push air is already causing the same turbulent flow that these rings are trying to create.

They are not just for carb vehicles, they can be used on pretty much any vehicle it just goes in the intake tube and "spins" the air makin it flow a little better.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbieocer

can't believe you guys have never seen the infomercial!
it is awesome!!

it simply goes into the air intake duct of any car -- and increases air flow because it basically causes the air to funnel like a torando - drastically imprvoing the speed and quantity of air passing through the duct...

anywayz, if i was still air cooling, i would try the thing - it would definitely be a first, and who knows, perhaps it is the next frontier...

Buy me one and I will try it in the LEGo computer case I am building.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed

They are not just for carb vehicles, they can be used on pretty much any vehicle it just goes in the intake tube and "spins" the air makin it flow a little better.

The infomercial I saw showed it specifically and only on a carburated car...

And if it worked on all types of vehicles, why wouldnt car makers put them in their cars? Better flow = more hp and better fuel economy...two of the top reasons to integrate it!

I'm guessing it neither improves airflow nor fuel mileage, but hey, if someone threw one out, and I found it, I'd prolly try it just to prove a point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts