Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here play Heroes of Might and Magic? Any of them?
My favs were 1 and 2... 3 and 5 were okay, but the 4th was just UGH.

If anyone here plays Heroes of Might and Magic V or possibly III ... It might be kinda fun to play... I've never played against anything except CPU opponents!

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Really? I enjoyed the 4th the most. I played 2-4 with some expansion packs along the way. The only reason why I didn't go for the fifth one is due to hearing that the hero plays less of a role.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
Really? I enjoyed the 4th the most. I played 2-4 with some expansion packs along the way. The only reason why I didn't go for the fifth one is due to hearing that the hero plays less of a role.
whoa dude!!!

nobody, but i mean nobody who i know,and who ever played any other heroes other than 4,and then played 4 didn't like it one bit.
4 is a big no no in every heroes player.
i really can't believe what you said...
(oh and i know a lot of people playing heroes (about 50 of em))
and i tell you really, really noone likes 4...
don't know if you are joking or what, but this is very disturbing to me...
don't missunderstand i have nothing against you playing 4 but i really don't get it...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Yeah III was good... AA's were a little too powerful, but eh. Was still great nonetheless... Never bothered to get any of the expansions cept GOLD for HoMM II.

My main problem with 4 was with Heroes being too strong... With the right artis (Like Soul Eater on the Barb) after level 25+ a Barb, Knight, Archer or DK .... Jusst tooo damn powerful. No need for an army at that point... Could like 1-2 shot a whole pack of like 20+ Archangels, Dragons or whatever the last tier of your opponents was. I dunno in my head it just replayed as the barb spinning around i.e. whirlwind Diablo II style, and all the Dragons randomly have Achilles heel or something.

4 However did have some great points. I loved the split an army from he castle to come to you(having creatures running around on the minimap). That way you don't have to have multiple runners. Only need 1 for resources.

As for the regular Might and Magic... I only played.... Might and Magic 6... It was pretty epic.
So... Does anyone still play III or V?

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Is this more of a group of people sharing an opinion they don't necessarily agree with? I had no problem with four and the campaign was fairly enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Heroes of Might and Magic is kick ass. I used to play 2 and 3 all the time over "hotseat" with my friends at their houses. We'd play for 3 days without taking a break!

I agree about 4, it sucked ass.

How is 5? Is it any good? I've heard good and bad things?

Even if it's just more of the same, I'd still love to play HOMM 3 in 3D!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HoMM 5 is fairly balanced... All the castles are great. Graphics... Really nice. Only problem is it does have some buggy issues. Especially when trying to do Campaign or Play Online.
Some of the creatures have to really cool traits.
My fav is Necropolis now because of some of the hero abilities you can get when you lvl up!
Succubus is prob my fav creature. They are strong as hell! (<----See wut I did there
)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by One_Winged_Angel View Post
HoMM 5 is fairly balanced... All the castles are great. Graphics... Really nice. Only problem is it does have some buggy issues. Especially when trying to do Campaign or Play Online.
Some of the creatures have to really cool traits.
My fav is Necropolis now because of some of the hero abilities you can get when you lvl up!
Succubus is prob my fav creature. They are strong as hell! (<----See wut I did there
)
hurp durp

Here's a question, can you "promote" or "upgrade" the troops? Like from Angels to Arch Angels? That was the thing I hated the most about HOMM 4.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by T1nk3rb311
View Post

hurp durp

Here's a question, can you "promote" or "upgrade" the troops? Like from Angels to Arch Angels? That was the thing I hated the most about HOMM 4.

I always say Herp Derp O.O
Oh yeah... Upgraded vamps are NASTY, and mean...
Pit Lords are *** mean in HoMM5 too.
As is... Like I said... The Succubus.

Took me a little while to get use to it... Camera angles are annoying, and building in that game is a bit difficult. It's not like using the Knight/Barb/Sorc castles in 2 where you can rush to your final tier, and then destroy your opponents.

Also first level tier creatures are MUCH more powerful in HoMM5... Skeletons upgrade into archers, and with Necromancy it's easy to get like 300 archers. There's also a skill that adds ATTACK based on 1/4 of the number of creatures in the army or something similar. Meaning those little Skeletons with the 300 next to their name just got a +75 to their attack.
That ability makes peasants rather scary as well... Or anything that you can get Horde/Throng/Zounds of of.

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Playing 3 as we speak. Nice games, I wish they drew the whole armies though not just 1 person next to their number.

Also I have a problem when I click play on internet, it takes me to some website instead.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Its funny, I was just reminiscing about HoM&M with friends the other day, in one of the ubiquitous favorite old games threads.

So... Is V new? I have not heard about it. I stopped playing 4 too fast because I am in the "it was not that good" camp.

·
Why is it smoking?
4,024 Posts
I forgot all about those games. I bought a 3 pack back when I had my shop, it had the first 3 HoMM games in it. My wife and I played all 3 of them hot seat style for hours on end. The third one was the most fun, but it didn't do so well on the P1 90Mhz PC I had at the time.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kip69
View Post

Its funny, I was just reminiscing about HoM&M with friends the other day, in one of the ubiquitous favorite old games threads.

So... Is V new? I have not heard about it. I stopped playing 4 too fast because I am in the "it was not that good" camp.

no V is not that new
it was released in 2006
it is a great game
takes some getting used to when you go from HOMM3 to HOMM5, but it is definitely worth it, it's a great game (when you have all the expansions, hammers of fate and tribes of the east [tribes of the east aka TOTE is the latest i know of, definitely get it with that]) in hammers of fate you get dwarves and in tote you get barbarians, and they are hella good

V looks nice, all the effects 'n stuff...

it is very very hard to get hero to highest level where you have everything...
i believe my best was 34 and i played really really long to get to it...
also there is a lot of skills to manage, you can't remember them all like you can in homm3
that's when skillwheel comes to use

excelent made for planinig on getting new skills, definitely a must have, because otherwise you don't know which skill you need and which you do not to get the hero you want...
also i would complain about map editor
it is hard to work with it
it took me a whole week to make a remake of all 4 one map from homm3
and it requires to know some programming in order to get some special thingies on map...all in all i don't like map editor, could have been so much simpler and easier...
other than that it's a great game,have a whack at it

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
The 5 was good fun, unlike the 4 (I had to say it). Still I still like HOMM III the most, specially with the WOG mod that is usually called Heroes 3.5. It has slightly better graphics than H3 and creatures accumulate experience and skills, you have the commander and commander artifacts, making for some pretty epic battles, specially in campaign mode.
Thanks H3||scr3am for the heads up

/installs HOMM3 on lappy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ5Broli
View Post

Playing 3 as we speak. Nice games, I wish they drew the whole armies though not just 1 person next to their number.

Also I have a problem when I click play on internet, it takes me to some website instead.

The internet version is down I do believe... Although there are some websites that hardcore players are on, and you might beable to play with them. ( I tried that for WC2, and got rofl stomped, and trolled!)
Well... You gotta know someone to play with, and be on something like Log Me In Hamachi. It will allow you to join LAN games. You have to know the person though cause they have to give you their IP.
Hope that works for ya!~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts