Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXUS
Taiwanese high performance DRAM and NAND manufacturer Adata Technology has announced the launch of its latest XPG V2 series overclocking memory. The new XPG 3100 V2 memory modules, made with "special cooperation" from motherboard manufacturer Asrock, run at 3,100MHz with CL12 14-14-36 latency settings and a voltage of 1.65V. The new dual-channel memory is "designed to bring ultimate performance to gamers using Intel Core fourth-generation processors" and the Z87 platform.
The GHz are there but is the performance?

SOURCE

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
I need clarification on the defined "Peak transfer rate", please.
smile.gif

What exactly does this regard to? Because if it's memory write/copy, it would be quite unimpressing. However, I hope I am mistaken about this.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

I need clarification on the defined "Peak transfer rate", please.
smile.gif

What exactly does this regard to? Because if it's memory write/copy, it would be quite unimpressing. However, I hope I am mistaken about this.
Peak transfer rate is directly related to the memory frequency.
Peak transfer rate = frequency*8

EDIT: but the peak transfer rate is per memory stick, so with dual channel memory you could reach 50GB/s if you had a CPU fast enough (nobody does)

·
there is no easy way out
3,284 Posts
Its theoretically 48 GB/s memory bandwidth with Dual Channel. But the question is, do our CPUs really have such strong IMC to drive those modules at such high bandwidth ?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
so, if you lower the speed to like 2133, i wonder how far you could drop the CAS.
do like 2133 cas 6 or something? that would be amazing.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, in dual-channel mode that would result in 49,600MB/sec peak transfer rate? Because if that is not the case, I am totally lost as to how my memory modules deliver ~33.3GB/sec read / 33.7GB/sec write and 31.65GB/sec copy.
I am pretty sure that timings (not only the primary ones) get involved and I just realized how close to nothing I actually understand.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

so, if you lower the speed to like 2133, i wonder how far you could drop the CAS.
Hynix MFR, like used on these, won't do lower than 8-10-10 at 1066MHz even if you have a very good sample.
These are an e-peen toy / "prestige" product, not a high-performance instrument.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

From what I firgure you could do CL8 10-10-24 at 2133 and not be pushing near a limit

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
how about testing a A10-6800K with this? :p although it'll be overkill for integrated graphics

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior View Post

Can the IMC on an A10 even handle clocks that high?
Probably not on air; maybe with a really good one. Highest memory frequency on air for the 5800k on HWBot is around 2800MHz (only one person has bothered to make a submission with the 6800k as of now).

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I would be happy with 16GB of CL8 2133-2400. I want to run a RAMdisk on this.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyMorphist View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this memory speed offer a negligible impact on real-world performance? Is it basically the '4-Way Titan' of memory overkill or will I really notice the speed while browsing OCN?
AFAIK amd's newer architecture for cpus love fast memory.

also if you use an apu and use the onboard gpu it has better performance.

other than that, ya epeen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.