Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Antec's open-air Skeleton chassis was met with general acclaim when launched in September of last year. Since then we have seen the mini-Skeleton take shape, making it an odd and interesting choice as a small form-factor box.

The next evolution in the Skeleton series will, most likely, be the Skeleton Proto 2. Currently an out-there design for trade shows such as CeBIT, the Proto 2, ostensibly a couple of Skeletons hacked together, may well make it into retail form.

Doubling up means a couple of 250mm fans on each end, and the show model was outfitted with an AMD rig whose innards were clearly visible.

Able to take a regular ATX motherboard with room for three-card graphics, the design you see above isn't complete. Its creator reckons that the final version will be adorned with Perspex on the near side, as well as (slightly) easier access to the components.

Routing components from the far side will be a problem, seeing how the motherboard fits in, and it's not the most practical of chassis, but I just feel the urge to have one.

We'll have pictures of the 'finished' version real soon, so head back in a few days' time.

Source

Hey it looks like it will make a good coffee table though. A coffee table HTPC

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It looks like that thing still retains the same problem the original had. Cpu cooler clearence. This is just 2 skeletons mounted to each other.

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
so instead of fixing the issues some had...

we get a pair of skeletons sandwiching a mobo sideways in some messed up, PC/case threesome...

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3
View Post

If you read the article it is just a mod of 2 skeleton cases.

ah makes sense. guess that's what i get for background tabbing open the source and commenting before i read

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
.. so u could technically put two computers together inside of it... making it a nice dual lan rig or just 2 comps for a single long desk. like Marins

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
That is sick!. Imagine when working on one computer....being able to use the other...one 1 moniter...just using different moniter inputs~!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shizdan View Post
That is sick!. Imagine when working on one computer....being able to use the other...one 1 moniter...just using different moniter inputs~!
You'd still need to use a keyboard/monitor switch, but I can imagine buying 2 sets of cordless keyboard+mouse then shutting off one receiver and turning on the other to do that. Unless there are KM switches for USB devices?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii
View Post

You'd still need to use a keyboard/monitor switch, but I can imagine buying 2 sets of cordless keyboard+mouse then shutting off one receiver and turning on the other to do that. Unless there are KM switches for USB devices?

there are PLENTY USB KVM's

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd turn the centre mobo plate sideways... wind tunnel ftw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts