Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been building computers ever since I was 13 and now, many, many years later - I've got myself this notebook that I want to push as far as I can. I'm not talking only about overclocking, I'm talking about cooling the monster down.

I've been working with desktop computers most of my life, and they're quite flexible in terms of anything you want to put in there - you can build a freakin' Lego castle in there if you like and if it's big enough (the case, not the castle
).

Anyways, this notebook I've been talking about - I've pushed it as far as I wanted (wanted, not could) - but I'd like some cooling solutions for laptops.

In principle, I'd like the most powerful laptop fan that will fit into my machine. It has to be INTERNAL, since I've already got a laptop cooling pad.

So, is there such a thing - really powerful notebook cooling fan that would fit most machines? What do you think?

All the best!

Norchera

P.S. I'm talking about the fan that cools the CPU heatsink.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
replace the TIM/thermal pads on anything that has TIM/themal pads (if they arent thick thermal pads you might be able to use TIM instead of the thermal pad) you can get much better aftermarket TIM and pads than what comes with any computer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's about 80 mm in diameter. I feel that a good 80 mm 3 pin fan could do very well.

I'd be very happy to hear which ones you think are the best (and could fit into a notebook, so about 20-ish mm in height)?

It also needs to blow air horizontally - out the vent.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norchera View Post
It's about 80 mm in diameter. I feel that a good 80 mm 3 pin fan could do very well.

I'd be very happy to hear which ones you think are the best (and could fit into a notebook, so about 20-ish mm in height)?

It also needs to blow air horizontally - out the vent.
What country do you live in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willhemmens View Post
What country do you live in?
I think you can read it from my Profile. I come from Croatia. And don't go IP on me now

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norchera
View Post

I think you can read it from my Profile. I come from Croatia. And don't go IP on me now

This site has a wide range of 80mm Fans, these looks like the most powerful though.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willhemmens
View Post

This site has a wide range of 80mm Fans, these looks like the most powerful though.

not bad for the size and price, i prefer 120mm like these

3 x the price, but 3 times the quality, just look at the noise level/airflow!!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenLord View Post
not bad for the size and price, i prefer 120mm like these

3 x the price, but 3 times the quality, just look at the noise level/airflow!!
These need to fit in a note book though.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Hello and welcome to Overclock.net!

You may find it helpful to read the sticky threads located at the top of the New Members page, this should help you get started into the Overclock.net community.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts