Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently decided it was time to do my first build. I am a 30 y.o single Dad from Australia and am studying at Uni the equivalent of full time hours online so it's going to be a slow build over the coming months. I came across this site while I was looking at NZXT 410's and trying to find a black/orange for sale that wasn't in the states and came across the 410 owners thread. I eventually found one here in Australia so waiting on that to arrive in the next few days (super excited like a kid in a candy shop). I have been reading the Gigabyte mb threads as well as some oc'ing guides. I have been searching for a mb to match the black/orange 410 and the only one I can find is the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC.

I mainly use my PC for Photoshop, playing WoW but would like to play other games like BF4 which I currently play on PS3. I've never had the opportunity to play the latest games at high/ultra settings (actually for the last 6 years I've been playing WoW on low with terrible frame rates
sadsmiley.gif
lol ) so that is something I am setting out to achieve with this build and hope it will last me for a few years. I have a bunch of parts in mind now and can't wait to get started on the build. I've been thinking of a name for it and so far I'm leaning towards Deathwing, fiery colours and all. Hence the avatar.
devil.gif

Anyway, look forward to chatting and getting to know some of you, there seem to be some fantastic people around the site.

Regards, CJ/Xenshi
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hi Xenshi, welcome to the OCN forum community.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizZz View Post

Hey welcome to OCN! Don't be afraid to ask any questions
thumb.gif
Thank you. I'm sure I will have a few by the time I am done. My case arrived today so very excited!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Xenshi, I'm not a first time builder but I know how you feel. This site helped me greatly with my first builds. I now have an Associates of Applied Science from A.S.U. / Digital Electronics Tech certs year I and II, and my CCNA 1,2,3 and 4.

If ya need any help on "builds" I can help ya on that. I still am slow on the overclocking. I get scared with that even though I have done it with quite a few CPU's and Graphics cards. Luckily for me none have caught fire or just burned out yet. This site was a great help in that dept.

Welcome. I am new here too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bytebull. I am pretty confident putting the machine together having pulled apart and re-built before, the overclocking is what scares the crap out of me
worriedsmiley.gif
But I guess following the guides by people with good reputations, asking questions and taking it all slowly I should be okay.

The hardest part now is waiting to get each part in slowly, the case is just sitting here screaming 'build me!' In my excitement I pulled the thing apart when it arrived and within 5 minutes had the stock fans removed in anticipation of the LED's that are going in it. Haven't bought them yet though lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts