Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey OCL community,

About a week ago I finished my very first build and it wouldn't have been possible without the many informative threads on this forum. Not only did you guys teach me to overclock my CPU (i5 2500k running at 4.5GHz), you also helped me fix some bugs in my motherboard (P8P67 PRO),

On top of that you gave me idea's on what hardware to use, for example a thread made me change my mind to go for the GTX560 Ti 2GB edition instead of my planned 1GB version.

While my build might not look perfect to some of you, I am very pleased with the result. You guys even (I'm not sure if I should use the word FORCED or MADE) me to have a decent cable management and buy* sleeved PSU extenders, so my cable management would look even neater. (* I know people will kill me for not sleeving them myself, but that'll come one day
wink.gif
).

A pic of the mess during of my work in progress :

And when I finished:

The Hardware :

Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB 1600MHz
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (1.35 V) Cooled with a Corsair H80
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5
Corsair Force 3 120GB
Corsair HX750W

For some reason this pc building seems addicting to me. I already have plans to make my own loop with a nice vertical reservoir, and include my GTX560-Ti in the loop since I saw it is possible with some sort of CPU coolblock mounted in some kind of passive cool block (I'll need to find where I saw this again).

Of course these are plans for later since I'm a student and I kinda ran out of budget
smile.gif

So now that my build is (kind of) finished (I guess a build is NEVER completely fininshed) I thought it was time to join this community and let them know how they helped me.

I'd like to give a shoutout to :

Sean Webster for his amazing thread to optimize windows for SSD

And multiple community members who's threads / posts helped me incredibly much.

Regards,

Dalosaurus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_EEND View Post

Welcome to OCN from a fellow Belgian
biggrin.gif

edit: for the record, it's not currently raining over here in Gent, it quite windy though
tongue.gif
Seems like you're right, not raining anymore here either. (from Dilbeek next to Brussels)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the case aswell, the downside is that it looks so empty --> solution : custom water loop and SLI? one day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts