Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I can't seem to get the gpu client to run, I had it running (Didnt have it setup properly though) about 2 weeks ago but had some problems with my psu so didnt fold untill I replaced it. Since then I've updated to 10.9 drivers and everytime I go to run the GPU client it comes up with 'At present your GPU is not supported or you need a current driver...' I've reinstalled since updating drivers and also done a complete driver sweep in safe mode rolling back to 10.8 but nothing seems to help, any ideas?
Oh should probably add that its a Saphire 5770

Second question, I set up the SMP client to run as per the guide by Zodac (I think it was him anyway lol) And my first unit has taken 12 hours to get 63%. Now I know this is probably normal but I wanted to check if this was a big WU or not because I havent done the ten normal ones to get my bonuses yet. The main reason I ask is because before following the guide I had it set up rather noobishly and it was only using 30% of a single core at a time, Yet on certain WU it would get 1% done every few minutes. The Core I have now is FaCore_a3.exe and this is on an i5-750.

Anyway sorry for the rambling just trying to get this folding thing running on my comp before I start running it on the other computers here

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Add in the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag and that should fix the issue. Do you have a screenshot of HFM or what is the project number you're running in SMP?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
1) Her, not him.

2) The GPU will be faster than the CPU. An nVidia GPU can finish a WU in ~1hr, while even i7s take 6hrs to complete an SMP WU. I think 10-15mins is the right range for your CPU (though I may be getting mixed up). At any rate, it takes me ~45mins, so you're not doing too badly.

The FahCore_a3.exe means you have an SMP WU... but if it is not using 100%, then add the "-smp 4" flag instead of "-smp" and see if that helps.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

1) Her, not him.

2) The GPU will be faster than the CPU. An nVidia GPU can finish a WU in ~1hr, while even i7s take 6hrs to complete an SMP WU. I think 10-15mins is the right range for your CPU (though I may be getting mixed up). At any rate, it takes me ~45mins, so you're not doing too badly.

The FahCore_a3.exe means you have an SMP WU... but if it is not using 100%, then add the "-smp 4" flag instead of "-smp" and see if that helps.

My mistake sorry lol

The cpu has been at 100% load the whole time as far as I know (unless is slacked while I was asleep
) so at least I did the smp tag right lol. If that sounds right to you then I'm happy with that, Just wanted to check.

Not game enough to try a multiquote post so to AvgWhiteGuy,
I've added the flag to the gpu client shortcut but doesnt seem to affect anything
As for the Smp project number its 6701 if that means anything to you lol.
Also cheers for the fast replies guys

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Yeah, that sounds good. P6701 gives lower PPD than most SMP WUs, so if you're getting discouraged by the low numbers, don't worry. Once you get another WU things will be better.

And can you take a screenshot of what flag you added to the GPU client?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy
View Post

That's a slow WU from the smp client. They are the worst. Are you running the systray or console client for the GPU?

[email protected] is what I donwloaded so Systray, Just added the whole filename in case the 623 is an old version or something?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

View Post

And can you take a screenshot of what flag you added to the GPU client?

hope this works

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

View Post

No, that's GPU2, which is fine for your GPU.

However, if you get GPU3, you won't need to add that flag. So try that instead:
http://www.stanford.edu/~friedrim/.F...ystray-632.msi

Ok got that one downloaded and installed, within a minute of it running it spiked my 5770 up to 60c.. Doesnt even do that after a few hours of BC2
haha. Either way guys thanks heaps, Got both the SMP and GPu client running so hopefully if all is still well by tomorrow I have 5 other computers here to get folding

1 - 14 of 14 Posts