Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depending on which program you are useing i keep loseing core #2...in a Prime blend test it just drops out fatal error etc,etc.the other three will just keep going was adjusting something the other night feel asleep and three had run all night while #1-or #2..like i said depending on the program failed.
Now i am at 3.9 with 1.500 v NB 2800 ram at 1.9 NB v 1.2 and it has ran all day prior.I am trying to figure out what the heck ACC does for me/us here in the land of the AMD.
Any thoughts ideas...anything..?Would be great...Thanks

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Sounds to me like your voltage is a bit lower than it should. Basically a really low voltage tends to lead to crashing whilst a voltage that is a tad too low tends to lead to instabilities such as rounding errors or a core giving up whilst being stressed. Raise your voltage to 1.5125V and see!
That's what my 965 C3 is at - 1.5125V for 3.9GHz. It's stable here but at 1.5000V I was also getting either a crash here and there or basically rounding errors and a core or two giving up whilst being stressed. Try not to exceed 1.5500V for the CPU voltage unless your cooling is great. Either way, make sure your full load temperatures are constantly below 60°C. Are they?
A good maximum to get to is 55°C as it guarantees you some leeway for 24/7 use safety.

Oh and what voltage did you raise, CPU/NB or NB?
NB voltage should be kept at stock, even "Auto" if you wish. 1.1000V is the stock. 1.9000V for it would be dangerously high!!
If you overclocked your CPU/NB voltage to 1.9000V, that's also dangerously high!!
I hope it's a typo!

Otherwise go back NOW and change it. My CPU/NB voltage is 1.3000V for 2600MHz. The maximum you should get to is 1.4000V, not more - certainly not 1.9000V!!

ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration) is a feature that basically stabilises individual cores. In essence if you get a problem like you're getting, you can set it to say "+2%" to the particular core that's crapping out whilst being stressed. In theory it can stabilise it. Maybe you need more than +2%, or maybe the negatives is best...
Nobody really knows what each numerical setting does but a theory could be that it basically adds or takes away a percentage of the CPU voltage to the core in question so that putting one core to "+2%" gives it 2% more of the CPU voltage you set than it does the other three cores. That's just my theory. AMD should really clarify!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i cant type CPU/ NB at 2600 is 1.3 and NB is left at Auto...sorry at work and trying to get a direction to go.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts