Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KK imma n00b when it comes to folding with that said , Im having troubles setting up the HFM.NET proggy I tried to follow the easy to use guide and for the life of me I cant find the folder for the log so..I made a new folder in the
program files in HFM.net proggy and directed it to the location I dont know if thats the correct way? with that done I pull up the app HFM and it shows offline? am i doing something wrong? the [email protected] program shows im working. Im running the system in my sig.

on another note it shows only 30% of my cpu is being used I set it to 100%
and set the check mark to slightly higher is this correct? or is it based off my GPU?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Did you download the right program? Sounds like you got the Unicore client instead...

Direct HFM to C> Users> [Your User]> AppData> Roaming> [email protected] and see if there's a log there. If there is, then you've got the wrong client, which explains the 20% usage and HFM not working.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I DL the Windows SMP Client and HFM.NET. Under "Featured Downloads".
(Direct Link) I havent a clue if those are correct ...by golly I thunk i done it , even a blind hog gets a nut once in awhile ...all seems to be working ..thanks a bunch for your help, on another note do I need to join a GPU team of sorts?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Good to hear.

You can check here for info on teams and the GPU team competition, but you can also just fold for OCN.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Yes you can, but for the GPU/Original contest, you can only have one of each folding under a single username (meaning you can't fold on both for the same username and take part in the GPU contest).

However, for the Foldathon (and upcoming Chimp Challenge) and non-contest folding, you can fold on as many CPUs/GPUs as you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts