Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
First up we have a video showing an upcoming Trinity APU in action. We don't want to give away the "ah ha" moment in the video, but what's interesting-along with the actual demo-is that AMD already has Trinity up and running, and running well as you'll see. Particulars like clock speeds and the GPU configuration weren't disclosed, but we can tell you that the Trinity APU in the notebook used during the demo was a 17w variant, and as AMD has already disclosed, the Trinity APU sports quad Piledriver cores, an update to Bulldozer that should offer better performance though not only architectural enhancements but frequency increases as well.
source: [ HH ]
compare the AMD trinity 17w demo to Intel Ivy Bridge 17w demo.
biggrin.gif
:D:D

http://youtu.be/TAGrPyMKA_k

the better choice for your next mobile/ultrathin notebook. AMD.
wink.gif

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
Sweet!
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: dstoler

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
drool.gif
Oh my god... wow... just wow...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Whoaaaa...

These little chips may actually coax me into replacing my Aspire 1410.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
This is exciting.

GIves you an idea what might be in the next playstation and xbox.

DX11 capability while maintaining low power? Consoles wet dream imo.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
If mobile Piledriver APU cores can be THIS ridiculously power efficient [which can be expected as Bulldozer was actually a power efficiency improvement on a per-integer-core basis] (consider that the CPU cores probably only take up half of this full 17W TDP) then the desktop Piledriver (BD-enhanced) CPUs could have quite a lot of headroom
coolsmiley.png
I see a great 2012 for AMD
applaud.gif

I can see the Trinity APU totally dominating Intel's Ultrabook market, currently dominated by Intel's much less powerful graphics solutions.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts