Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Flushing radiators with a submersible pump and a filter.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsreSvXSyjM

I have a similar setup and used it to flush my radiators for about 8 hours.

I used a 5 micron sediment filter inside the filter case.

But as i have seen people also use 1 micron sediment filter.

Obviously 1 micron filters better yet what about the added "huge" restriction on the pump?

So the question is was it not better to use a 1 micron filter or is the 5 micron filter good enough? From what i gathered in the past they do told to use a 5 micron in tutorials i might be wrong....

Feedback is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Either is fine. The particulate coming out of the dirty parts is going to be much larger.

It's far more important that you actually agitate the radiators to break away any potential particulates that are in the parts you're cleaning.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazeshifta View Post

Either is fine. The particulate coming out of the dirty parts is going to be much larger.

It's far more important that you actually agitate the radiators to break away any potential particulates that are in the parts you're cleaning.
This song always pops into my head when people ask how to clean their rads
https://youtu.be/VAC2WRbOgFY

Just fill it with hot water as close to boiling as you can get it, let it sit face up for a while maybe 20-30 minutes, pour out half of the water and plug the openings and "shake shake senora" then do it again just let it sit face down, and keep going until nothing else comes out.

Much quicker than the filter method in my book it's just more laborous.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
yep i just use my cheap water boiler that we also use for french press and wear gloves and shake like the dickens and inspect water in a bowl until clear. its a lot of manual work but my system is still clean as day one.
thumb.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts