Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to overclocking and keen to learn more. Basically I have 0 knowledge in overclocking.

Any idea where should I start my overclocking experience?

Nice to meet ya

·
Registered
542 Posts
welcome to the OC..
the first place you shoulld start doing is reading about everything and anything that holds your interest.
RAM timing/ voltage
CPU/GPU clocking
and w/e tickles your fancy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yytellmey;11994414
Hi

I'm new to overclocking and keen to learn more. Basically I have 0 knowledge in overclocking.

Any idea where should I start my overclocking experience?

Nice to meet ya
Welcome to OCN
smile.gif
. You may do more research on voltages, cpu frequency and cooling. These 3 main basic points every overclocker must know. xD

·
Registered
77 Posts
welcome to ocn.
strongly recommend you READ ABOUT OVERCLOCKING before starting or else you may end up with a toasted pc as your sig rig

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld96;11994440
welcome to the OC..
the first place you shoulld start doing is reading about everything and anything that holds your interest.
RAM timing/ voltage
CPU/GPU clocking
and w/e tickles your fancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcz123;11994469
Welcome to OCN
smile.gif
. You may do more research on voltages, cpu frequency and cooling. These 3 main basic points every overclocker must know. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmi3646;11994509
welcome to ocn.
strongly recommend you READ ABOUT OVERCLOCKING before starting or else you may end up with a toasted pc as your sig rig
Thanks all =D

Its a shame to say I never knew things like overclocking exists, until last week. It draws my attention and interests immediately. (Well....think deeply, it is like turbocharging a car, cooling system must be well built)

I will read through the guides to avoid a toasted CPU xD

Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_n_fyre;11994661
What are your current system specs?
I am currently using a laptop, however, I decided to buy a desktop workstation for my Photography works and gaming as well.

Planning to get:

- Intel Core i5 2500 (should I get 2500K so I can overclock in future?)
- Asus P8P67 LE
- Any Dual Channel 2x2GB 1333 RAM
- Gigabyte GTX460 1GB DDR5 OC
- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
- Seasonic M12II 620w Bronze
- Cooler Master HAF 912

·
how two spel
3,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yytellmey;11994760
I am currently using a laptop, however, I decided to buy a desktop workstation for my Photography works and gaming as well.

Planning to get:

- Intel Core i5 2500 (should I get 2500K so I can overclock in future?)
- Asus P8P67 LE
- Any Dual Channel 2x2GB 1333 RAM
- Gigabyte GTX460 1GB DDR5 OC
- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
- Seasonic M12II 620w Bronze
- Cooler Master HAF 912
First of all, welcome to OCN.

Nice selection on parts here, you will absolutely love the HAF 912. I just built my good friend a computer during the black friday sale and he went with that case. I have previously owned the HAF 932, and although the 912 is mostly plastic, it looks to have great durability. Also, I haven't really kept up with the i5 line, even though I own one (silly, right?). Well, I bought mine because it was a good deal here on the forums as a combo deal, but I would definitely recommend looking into the i7 line as they are great overclockers. I used to have 3x 500GB Spinpoint F3's and even though I only had them a short time, they were probably the fastest / most reliable spinning hard drives I ever owned. An SSD would compliment your system nicely as well, even if you get a small one like a 32/64GB just as an OS drive.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,048 Posts
Hello and welcome to OCN.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysdexik
View Post

First of all, welcome to OCN.

Nice selection on parts here, you will absolutely love the HAF 912. I just built my good friend a computer during the black friday sale and he went with that case. I have previously owned the HAF 932, and although the 912 is mostly plastic, it looks to have great durability. Also, I haven't really kept up with the i5 line, even though I own one (silly, right?). Well, I bought mine because it was a good deal here on the forums as a combo deal, but I would definitely recommend looking into the i7 line as they are great overclockers. I used to have 3x 500GB Spinpoint F3's and even though I only had them a short time, they were probably the fastest / most reliable spinning hard drives I ever owned. An SSD would compliment your system nicely as well, even if you get a small one like a 32/64GB just as an OS drive.

Thanks for your info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cykososhull
View Post

Is there any specific reason you want an i5? Have you done any research on i7's? If not look here http://www.brighthub.com/computing/h...les/48391.aspx

budget is my main constrain....i was thinking i5 might be sufficient for me already

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBalll
View Post

Hello and welcome to OCN.

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts