Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to purchase an x470 motherboard. I am decieding between either the Asrock Taichi with 10gig ethernet or the Asus Hero VII (without Wifi).

Which wil work better with my CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB ram? - Model CMR32GX4M4C3600C18

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236209

It is rated for DDR4 3600 speed so I'm hoping to achieve at least that much.

I have already bought that ram a while ago on sale so I have to work around it.

I would really like the 10gig ethernet on the Asrock Taichi but if I can't achieve 3400 at the very least with the ram that I have but I can with the Asus Hero VII for sure then I will just go with the Hero VII.

Would any of you know if that ram can achieve 3600 MHz on either motherboard?

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
So far on my brothers 3400 was easy with a 2700x on the Asrock. I also just ordered one and know another guy that isn't on ocn with one and he was also able to get 3400+ with his and 2700. I will update once mine comes but i would imagine it should as well as long as the IMC is good on my chip. I vote the ASRock. Also if you don't need the 10G lan then get the normal Tiachi and save a lot as it is the same board.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Hi I'm looking to purchase an x470 motherboard. I am decieding between either the Asrock Taichi with 10gig ethernet or the Asus Hero VII (without Wifi).

Which wil work better with my CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB ram? - Model CMR32GX4M4C3600C18

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236209

It is rated for DDR4 3600 speed so I'm hoping to achieve at least that much.

I have already bought that ram a while ago on sale so I have to work around it.

I would really like the 10gig ethernet on the Asrock Taichi but if I can't achieve 3400 at the very least with the ram that I have but I can with the Asus Hero VII for sure then I will just go with the Hero VII.

Would any of you know if that ram can achieve 3600 MHz on either motherboard?

The 10 Gb ethernet is absolutely useless for 99.999% of users unless they are one of the very few who have bandwidth above 1Gb/sec. There is zero likelihood that such speeds will be widely available in the US over the next 3 years. If one had the hundreds per month to blow on such bandwidth you would be more likely using Thread Ripper 2 than a 2700X setup.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 10 Gb ethernet is absolutely useless for 99.999% of users unless they are one of the very few who have bandwidth above 1Gb/sec. There is zero likelihood that such speeds will be widely available in the US over the next 3 years. If one had the hundreds per month to blow on such bandwidth you would be more likely using Thread Ripper 2 than a 2700X setup.
it's for my nas

·
Registered
177 Posts
Plot twist: People use networks to transfer files between computers on the same network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts