1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am moving to 2 gigs. What do you guys think of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231021

After reading some reviews it looks like it will be perfect for my system

Figured I would get some other opinions before I bought them. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
those are great, and if not those then the OCZ golds are slightly better for like $20 more...
or the platinums are really sweet, but pricey

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
lol i just edited my post....lol sry i was confuzzled in my wacky head....

lol and look you get a FREE pencil holder w/ the golds! LOL cant beat that!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

lol i just edited my post....lol sry i was confuzzled in my wacky head....

lol and look you get a FREE pencil holder w/ the golds! LOL cant beat that!

haha

Hmm any links to some reviews for the golds?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
hey, I was just wondering if the ocz golds listed or the newer gx's were better. they're both listed at the same timings and speed

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

hey, I was just wondering if the ocz golds listed or the newer gx's were better. they're both listed at the same timings and speed

i think the gx just has that spiffy new heatsink on it... im not sure other than that...

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AznKwaiJai

Tell me if I'm reading this right. The OCZ gold is great on intel but mediocre on amd?

well I've never seen anything that specifically said that. I was very close to ordering a pair of the gold gx DDR500 because they had are 170 aftre rebate from fry's at the moment, but after doing a bit more research I found that 270Mhz seems to be a good OC for them and more is not really expected. So I ordered the g.skill HZ.
The thing is that OCZ puts samsung UCCC IC's in both their gold and gold gx DDR500 so there shouldn't be a problem with compatability. g.skill hz's work well with AMD so really OCZ gold should work fine too. I hope this does answer your question.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AznKwaiJai

Thank you soloz2, I was using the search fuction and your name came up on this topic alot. Glad you an simplify it.

I do my best.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
hey, I just wanted to give an update. I recently switched to 2gb myself (yesterday) I was seriously considering getting OCZ gold GX DDR500 because I could get them for 170 after rebate... but after looking through reviews I just saw more good comments about the g.skill HZ (both are basically the same as they use samsung UCCC IC's and I believe they both use brainpower pcb) After some serious thinking I opted for these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231021

And wouldn't it be my luck!!!! the day after I get my RAM they give them a rebate! gah!!!

anywho, I put my RAM in and my stystem booted right up at 250x11 3-4-4-8 1T just like it should (I had 250x11 w/ my ocz platinum rev 2) I checked the RAM w/ memtest and I primed overnight over 9 hours w/ no errors so I'm happy w/ this RAM. and even w/ the looser timings I actually got a 32m super pi completion in about a minute and a half faster!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts