Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually play in one of a few COD2 servers with a friend of mine online. We connect through Skype and XFire. Recently, his ping has been too high to be able to play effectively. Mine, on the other hand, has been steady.

The ping is high only in the game. When he pings the server through the command line, it is what it should be. Other servers do the same thing, but other games function as they should.

Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Simply this. VOIP ( Voice over I.P ) programs require bandwidth when connected. This will steal bandwidth from such running internet bound games such as COD2. Thus as there is limited bandwidth your Ping will increase. Skype i have used and is fine however i think you will find the affender is XFIRE. Also make sure that you friend isnt uploading or downloading in the event when he games as this will have a hit on his ping.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Check the internet settings in COD2. I have had countless problems with COD2 on my 56k connection with 999 pings. Nothing I could do would solve it, until I did a simple check and found that the in-game connection setting was set to T1 speeds.

Also check for any kind of suspicious processes running in the background..

• Rep+
Reactions: stevemc
1 - 6 of 6 Posts