Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a high pitched whine/peep through my headphones which is worse when moving the mouse. It happens when I connect my TV to my graphics card (Asus DCII 570) via HDMI cable. When I disconnect the TV it is fine again. I had the same high pitch thing before (without HDMI cable) with the Motherboards on-board audio, that's why I bought a Asus DS Soundcard which fixed the problem. This is very annoying as I'd like to have the TV connected all the time so I can just switch over when I like instead of messing around with wires. Any help would be really appreciated
smile.gif

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post

Looks like your limited to one card in each slot, otherwise I'd suggest moving them around. Are you using the front panel or the soundcards rear jacks, and is there any difference between them?
My headphones are in the rear soundcard jack, I haven't gotten round to rewiring the audio cables for the front panel yet (never use it).
It seams like the graphic card HDMI audio is rerouting through the soundcard where its causing the whine. Turning the HDMI audio off on the computer doesn't help, if the wire is in the TV then the noise is there.

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydaz View Post

Is it possible it could be something to do with ground or ground loop?
I could be, it'll be hard to pin down though - the slots have the same power source and it's hard to separate them. That's why I suggested the FP audio, it's separated from the rear IO panel if there's a grounding issue somewhere there. The HDMI audio itself doesn't use the soundcard, your getting interference somehow by adding the HDMI cable. I had a similar issue with an onboard where I could clearly hear mouse "click & drag" and was stuck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts