Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
no they wouldn't if you use the right controller. i use a lamptron fc-2 @45Watts Per Channel depending on what deltas you are using. im using 4000rpm ffb1212ehe fans that spin all the way down @ 700rpm, and still move more air than any scythe or equivelant.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeh if you have ffb1212ehe they will be quiet it would be better if you have a proper controller. people have this mad vision that you cant tame deltas but you can its just as quiet as the next fan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwas4 View Post

ffb1212ehe .
say what?
anyway, i think i will test the delta's. i am planning to have a hole in the floor in the case, and the radiator mounted in the side door. the fans, i i will mount on a bracket standing at an angle of45 degrees between the radiator and hole in case. that way, i will minimize fan noise, since the fans isn't to close to the rad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
its a model number its a delta ffb1212ehe. look it up
smile.gif
prob the easiest high speed fan to control.
smile.gif

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
You will still be able to hear lots of air being moved at 5V.
Something like the hissing of a high flow air conditioner in the office.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwas4 View Post

its a model number its a delta ffb1212ehe. look it up
smile.gif
prob the easiest high speed fan to control.
smile.gif
I bought some with PWM control from http://myworld.ebay.com/eloot/. Very good prices and prompt delivery.
Not quite as powerful as my AFC1212DE-PWM but still pretty good and not as loud. When they're throttled with PWM they're pretty quiet and you don't need a fan controller. You don't want to run the non-PWM version without fan controller though. Those high powered fans are not supported by motherboard DC controlled fan outputs.
The eloot guy sometimes also has fans with separate Molex power and small 4-pin connectors. You connect the 4-pin to your mobo for PWM and tach but the +12V power comes from the Molex connector. I'd get some of those if you want to run several with PWM control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts