Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a R5 3600 with TS140 Power and just starting a system stability test the temperatures rise to 80 degrees in seconds. I was checking the net and found a lot of people with high temperature problems with the ryzen 5 3600. Well I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.

Attachments

·
Why is it smoking?
4,006 Posts
The mounting can be a little janky on those coolers, so the first thing I'd do is check for proper contact/tension.

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
If you recently bought your R5 3600, then most probably from a new batch and might oc higher at a lower vcore. Mine can do 4.2GHz all core at 1.2v. Others even lower. The lower the vcore, the cooler the cpu will run. At stock, you can apply a negative offset - say -0.03v on the CPU vcore.

Your cpu fan, though, is like the stock fan on my Noctua U12S - compare the rpm at idle and at load. It only went up a few rpm, thus unable to dissipate the heat from the tubes/fins fast enough. Consider replacing it with a more efficient fan or two.

I use MX-4 on my R5 3600s and applied it as shown in the pic. Just a suggestion. Other things to consider are ambient and airflow.

Use HWINFO64 to monitor temps and other readings.

Attachments

·
AMD OVERLOCKER
727 Posts
80 degrees are Not so high.
I have seen some 90+ degrees on CB20 with stock cooler and some ocing.

How much is your max during gaming?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
LTSC for life crew
2,891 Posts
I have this cooler and it is nearly comparable performance wise with the NH-D15S. You are right that the temperatures you are seeing are abnormal for your setup.

First off, did you remove the sticker from the underside of the cooler? And second - Have you checked your BIOS to see what the fan profile is set to? My motherboard defaulted to a "silent" profile which kept turning my case fans and CPU cooler fan off (it's the TY-147a on our TS140 Power which is an excellent fan for it). And when the fans were limited to at most 700 RPM with the silent profile I was hitting 94c with my 3900X.

With my fan profile set to "Normal" in the BIOS I have never seen over 62c load at any time with my OC'd Ryzen 2600 and TS140 Power.
@doyll - Do you have any other ideas what might be the problem?

·
Overclock the World
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much, I updated the bios and left the pc for several hours without use after applying the thermal paste and heatsink. And then I made tests with different configurations. The problem was clearly the voltages of the cpu, as you can see in the attached image in the first post. But now the problem is solved.

temperature with voltage of 1.400 V

temperature with voltage of 1,200 V

Core voltage 1.104 V

windows power management settings. -this I could check does not influence the temperatures.-

Configuration of the system fans -quite noisy by the way-

current bios configuration:

I hope this serves as a reference to those who have or had the same problem as me with the temperatures of the ryzen 3000, in this matter an R5 3600.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
Quite nice. Make sure even with an undervolt at STOCK that some cores still boost as they should - 4.2GHz at idle. Like i mentioned, got mine oc to 4.2 at 1.2v using the Stealth cooler from an R5 1600. A tad better cooler than the Spire.

I use Windows Balance Mode and set the minimum processor state to 5%.

At optimized default - stock - no undervolt.

Attachments

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,554 Posts
Quite nice. Make sure even with an undervolt at STOCK that some cores still boost as they should - 4.2GHz at idle. Like i mentioned, got mine oc to 4.2 at 1.2v using the Stealth cooler from an R5 1600. A tad better cooler than the Spire.

I use Windows Balance Mode and set the minimum processor state to 5%.

At optimized default - stock - no undervolt.
The Spire is the larger one. R5 3600 comes with a Stealth. :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
80c stock about right for an air cooler. nothing to fret about.

under volting helps alot with temp and performance.

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you all very much, I updated the bios and left the pc for several hours without use after applying the thermal paste and heatsink. And then I made tests with different configurations. The problem was clearly the voltages of the cpu, as you can see in the attached image in the first post. But now the problem is solved.

temperature with voltage of 1.400 V

temperature with voltage of 1,200 V

Core voltage 1.104 V

windows power management settings. -this I could check does not influence the temperatures.-

Configuration of the system fans -quite noisy by the way-

current bios configuration:

I hope this serves as a reference to those who have or had the same problem as me with the temperatures of the ryzen 3000, in this matter an R5 3600.:thumb:
Where did you set 1.1 and 1.2 VCore?
I see it "auto" in bios.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,238 Posts
Yeah I noticed temps were really high on mine too. Oddly enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts