Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this can be an endless discussion. I'd like to see what people think and how much is the lifespan your CPU reduced by either one.

I want to run my 1055 at 4GHz but I'm afraid I need 1.55v to do so. What do?

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Both are damaging if too high. That's like asking what's worse, arsenic or rat poison.

I haven't messed with AMD chips, but I'm sure there's are AMD guides around saying the max temp and voltage that chip can run at safely.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Both will reduce your CPU life. When that time will come, that CPU will be outdated anyway. I run my 1090T @ 1.58-1.60V(load) OC @ 4380MHz. Will go a little bit lower, 4300MHz @ 1.52V

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It depends what you consider high temps.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
your on water so its not a big deal. More voltage = heat. If the amount of voltage is appropriate and the temps are low the cpu should be ok. AMD cpu's hate heat.

·
Registered
798 Posts
like honnestly, Ive never heard anyone killing there cpu running her @ ~1.55V..usually cuz there temps are ok.... u can do 1.55V on any AMD chip as long as your temps on 100% full load stay below ~60C at the highest... Besides, by the time ur cpu dies because u were running a heavy overclock @ high voltages and temperature, you would have upgraded. i have an AMD opteron 165 thats run its whole life on 1.5V and on the higher end of the thermometer and shes still running strong...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts