Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting what I believe are unsafe voltage levels with completely stock CPU bios settings. I have done no overclocking to the CPU and uninstalled Ryzen Master to be safe and then reloaded optimized defaults in bios to reset everything. After that the only thing I've changed in bios is turning off WIFI, Bluetooth, Onboard Audio and turning on DOCP for my ram. TridentZ set to 3600. Its rated speed with a voltage of 1.325. Is DOCP what is causing this perhaps? Does DOCP change CPU voltage settings? As you can see in the screen shots the current draw seems excessive for my CPU at my operating speeds. I don't think this is a misreporting error so what do I need to do to fix this? I'm new to AMD systems and I don't understand all of the bios settings yet. I didn't want to go messing with MB/CPU voltages until I thoroughly understood my bios. But here we are. And if someone knows of a Asus AMD bios overview I could read that has a basic description of each of the bios settings options so I can better familiarize myself with the AMD bios that would be wonderful. Thx

Asus Strix E x570

G-Skill Trident Z 3600

Version 3801 Beta Version bios

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stock cooler?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Noctua d15 with a single 140mm fan running at 40c. The temps are a bit high but manageable. It's the voltage I'm really concerned with. And being new to AMD I'm a bit hesitant to go messing with voltage settings until I really understand all the bios better. I'm thinking this may be the result of a beta bios version but that's just a guess. I can't think of another reason the CPU would be running at 1.49 volts on the high end otherwise.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This is idle voltage and look normal.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ryzen 5900X here, does the same thing. Hits 1.500V. This is apparently completely normal. And only applies to a few cores for a few seconds at a time. High voltage at low load/current is okay.

• Rep+
Reactions: Slaughtahouse

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks. That was freaking me out a bit. It seemed crazy high to me. I have 5800X and I was concerned because HWInfo was reporting that 1.48 on the SVI2 TFN sensor and from what I've read 1.3X is normal. That is supposedly the most accurate real world electrical draw by the CPU but if it's normal than I'll just not concern myself with it. Thx for the heads up about it.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,637 Posts
Single Core 1.5v <—————> All core 1.25v

This is a high level scale of stock voltages for Zen 2/3.

As workers (amperage) increases, voltage decreases.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ok thanks. That was freaking me out a bit. It seemed crazy high to me. I have 5800X and I was concerned because HWInfo was reporting that 1.48 on the SVI2 TFN sensor and from what I've read 1.3X is normal. That is supposedly the most accurate real world electrical draw by the CPU but if it's normal than I'll just not concern myself with it. Thx for the heads up about it.
Depending on your board. You can do an offset to your normal voltage. I set mine to -0.08750mV. This means my voltage at idle peaks at 1.408V and not near the 1.500V. You do lose only a few % points in threaded performance, but still boosts to 5.150Ghz and much much better temps !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts