Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
it's a toss up. those are pretty close clocks. You will probably find both settings will be better in different games/benchmarks. Are those settings you have tried?....or just guessing at?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyds of London

I have used them, but have yet to benchmark them.

I would say the 510/1300 would run better. More of a jump in memory than core. What program are you using to oc the card?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Ok, thanks. Im using ATI Tool to overclock my card.

I found ATI Tool to be a bit buggy with nvidia cards.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815
Go here and get "coolbits"...It's nvidia's registry hack to enable the clock on nvidia cards. After adding it to the regisrty, open the vid card tab(right click on desktop/settings/advanced/6800gs tab....A window will open off it with clock frequency settings on it. Open the clocks tab and run "detect optimal frequencies" and click the box at the bottom to save at startup, then hit apply and you will have a stable(but not maxed out) overclock.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

I tried coolbits earlier and it gave 526/1180 as optimal settings, and with ATI Tool it went up to about 510/1300.

ATI Tool sets max clocks. Coolbits will set a safe/stable oc and allow you to go a bit further. I don't trust ati tool to not set a clock speed that will hurt your card.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
I always used to get artifacts on ATITOOL with my 6800, even at stock speeds. I think 0.25Beta works with nvidia cards.
As for higher core or memory, I always like to OC both of them by the same amount (20% on the core and 20% on the memory), but that's just me... I like to keep things even.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts