Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Yes it is normal. With one monitor, the clocks are at idle. With 2 monitors, the clocks dont go to idle state.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Completely normal. I get nearly a 4-5 increase at idle when adding on my second monitor.

Running a YouTube video in full screen on one monitor and browsing on the other -- idling at 40.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justhavocman View Post

Phew , thanx for your answers , thought something was wrong with my card there for a moment !
this has actually been an nvidia thing for a very long time, the official line from nvidia at the time was because low clocks cause the screen to flicker; however many found that this was not the case at all.
many people were calling on nvidia to fix it, but no official fix was ever seen.

essentially when using 2 monitors or a 120hz display the card does not fall in to state P12 which if for low power 2d, instead it will only fall into P8 (low power 3d)

i wrote a guide on how to fix/force power states (see sig), but it is unconfirmed to work on 6xx series cards and does not work on my GTX690 because it seems to be missing low power states all together in the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts