Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of new to overclocking LGA 775 stuff, what CPUs and mobos can get me high clocks in general?

I want to get at least 7Ghz on LN2 or DICE, but I'm on a limited budget.

Also, is DDR3 better than DDR2 when it comes to CPU OC?

Right now I have a volt modded P5B Duluxe, a Celeron 352, a Celeron 346, and a bunch of Pentiums. I ordered 9 Celeron 356, are they any good?

Lastly, is a Maximus Formula worth $150?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
I really don't think the Maximus is work $150 anymore. I had the Rampage Formula that I had to sell for $85 shipped awhile ago and at that time the Maximus Formula was selling for around $150. If you try ebay though anything can happen.

• Rep+
Reactions: TheLAWNOOB

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post

I really don't think the Maximus is work $150 anymore. I had the Rampage Formula that I had to sell for $85 shipped awhile ago and at that time the Maximus Formula was selling for around $150. If you try ebay though anything can happen.
I thought Rampage is always more expensive than the Maximus
ph34r-smiley.gif

How about GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 for $150? It is capable of 8.3 Ghz according to HWBot.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

I thought Rampage is always more expensive than the Maximus
ph34r-smiley.gif

How about GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 for $150? It is capable of 8.3 Ghz according to HWBot.
Maybe I am thinking about Maximus II. Whichever one was the P45 board actually came out after the Rampage and had better overclocking ability. Not many were made which made them more valuable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts