Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this news

Taipei, Taiwan, February 20, 2009 â€" GIGABYTE Technology CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, is pleased to announce the winners of the Beat the Pros competition. Fugger and Vapor said it couldn't be done, but more than 26 people proved them wrong by beating their 1508MHz DDR2 memory overclock record using one of GIGABYTE's latest P45 Ultra Durable 3 motherboards.

So, who are these bad new gunslingers in town? With a DDR2 memory overclock of 1800.80MHz, and setting the new world record for highest DDR2 memory overclock, the first place winner is Barani Shahryar from Iran. To the victor go the spoils. Not only does Barani claim title of GIGABYTE Beat the Pros Champion and recorder holder of the world's fastest DDR2 memory overclock, but he also gets a brand new check from GIGABYTE for $1,500 USD. In second place with a more than respectable 1780.20MHz is James Trevaskis from Australia, AKA YoungPro from TeamAU, who walks away with a check for $1,000 USD. In third place is Jadid Hasan from Indonesia, with a score of 1734.02MHz.Jadid gets a check from GIGABYTE for $500 USD.

GIGABYTE would like to send a quick thank you to all the overclockers who participated in the Beat the Pros Competition. While you may not have won the cash, you all posted some amazing memory overclocks and it just goes to show; with the right amount of overclocking skills and know-how combined with top notch, high performance hardware such as one of GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 3 motherboards, no overclocking record is safe.

For a rundown of the contest and a listing of the top 50 record breakers, please visit the Beat the Pros event webpage at: http://ddr2-1508.gigabyte.com.tw/

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a mega overclock is this news to you guys

Giga byte P45 board are simply the best memory oc'er

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh View Post
I think I should have gotten the UD3P instead of the P5Q-Pro
Yep UD3P/UD3R is simply amazing must be the best P45 about

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
#49 on the list OC to 800Mhz (400x2), I have OC my notebook RAM to 950Mhz.

The guy who won? Wow, but would like to see a bandwidth test on these.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

#49 on the list OC to 800Mhz (400x2), I have OC my notebook RAM to 950Mhz.

The guy who won? Wow, but would like to see a bandwidth test on these.

I doubt they would have passed any tests. It was probably a boot at the highest speed possible and get pics.

Still amazing... I would like to see the voltages and timings and how many sets they went through.

±B±

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankThis
View Post

I doubt they would have passed any tests. It was probably a boot at the highest speed possible and get pics.

Still amazing... I would like to see the voltages and timings and how many sets they went through.

±B±

Same mate.

I would love for these to be stable

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
You guys bumped so you have to listen! Speed means crap! I have said before. I argue with this entire site. I want bandwidth as bandwidth done is work? It is a quantity not a velocity. I do suspect velocity does follow quantity but would like to see?

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
You guys bumped so you have to listen! Speed means crap! I have said before. I argue with this entire site. I want bandwidth as bandwidth done is work? It is a quantity not a velocity. I do suspect velocity does follow quantity but would like to see?
Once again your writing hurts my head and leaves me confused. Please for the love of god find a better foreign to English online translator.

Now that that is out of the way, this is OVERCLOCK.net, and the thread is about a record breaking OVERCLOCK. ktxbai.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts