Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the market for a new GPU and am pretty sure I want an R9 290. Right now as I understand it the PowerColor PCS+ and the Sapphire Tri-X are the king of the heap for these cards. But the HIS IceQ is cheaper than both of these so I am wondering if anyone has bought the IceQ and how it stacks up. Please note that I am only interested in cooling performance and do not care about looks. My new case does not have a window so I will never see it anyway. So with that being said please keep the OMG that card is so ugly comments to yourself as I already know it is an ugly card and do not care.

The card in question is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161453.

If you have this card I would really like to know how well it does with Core cooling as well as VRM cooling.

Your help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I had HIS Radeon IceQ cards several times and they never fail me yet. I had a 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB in crossfire for about 2 years then upgraded to 7970Ghz Edition before Xmas and recently put them underwater... they are great cards!
biggrin.gif
I will keep buying HIS for years to comes, you can count on it.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My HIS IceQ X 7850 runs like a champ. Absolutely fantastic cooler. Purchase with confidence.
thumb.gif

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,568 Posts
I've owned several HIS cards (1900gt, hd3850, hd4870, hd6870) and I've never had a single issue. Cooling has always be more than adequate, very quiet cooling solutions from all the cards I've owned. As far as the 290/290x HIS cards I think there is a review that compares the tri-x, pcs+, dcu2, and gaming cards with the IceQ X2 in the review as well, If i remember correctly the HIS card was pretty close to the tri-x in terms of cooling (slightly higher temps), unsure of any sound measurements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.