Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this goes for the 1080/1070/ and 1050ti. Only on heavy loads (ex: furmark) @ stock with power limit maxed, would result in unstable clocks and hitting power limit. Even when TDP is in the low 90s in GPUz. I replaced my PSU, CPU, Motherboard and reinstalled Windows. Nothing! It's essentially a new computer?? I even made a video on Youtube to maybe help you guys understand my problem. It can't be the GPU because I tried 4 NEW GPUs. Completely stumped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGz3fTPIgXo

Please let me know what further information you may need or point me in the right direction. Had this problem over a month.

Specs:
i5 7600K
Asus Strix Z270E
G.Skill Tridentz RGB 16GB 3200Mhz
GTX 1050ti
EVGA 750 G3

·
Iconoclast
30,780 Posts
I've noticed this as well. NVIDIA seems to artificially throttle certain stress tests (FurMark and OCCT specifically, though their could be more) in the driver.

If you want to test power limit, I'd recommend Unigine Superposition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stress test was an example but it happens in GTA V max settings. Constant stutter and unstable clocks.

·
Facepalm
9,765 Posts
This can be avoided by renaming furmark.exe to quake3.exe, same for OCCT (Or if it uses another module for GPU test, no idea if it does). And don't yell at me if you do this and your GPU burns up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts