Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's the Cinema HD (or something like that) pack for HL2, anything like that for HL1? Game seems fun, but the 32x32 (a guess) pixel textures are annoying me.

Edit: In my googling, I came across this. Now my game won't even launch
Not sure how to fix that.

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
Just verify integrity of your game cache via Steam > right click game > properties > local files and let it redownload original files/remove the unoriginal ones.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

I know there's the Cinema HD (or something like that) pack for HL2, anything like that for HL1? Game seems fun, but the 32x32 (a guess) pixel textures are annoying me.

Edit: In my googling, I came across this. Now my game won't even launch
Not sure how to fix that.

That will work, what you googled will work.
It will update the textures to a newer version, improving the graphics. As said in the link Black Mesa Source isnt yet released. Black Mesa Source is all of HL1 ported to the Orange Box engine.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Validated game files, still broken.

And that browser thing should work? Wonder what went wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
HL1 came out in 2000, it is old and the graphics are low. Get the pack as suggested in my previous post.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiX
View Post

HL1 came out in 2000, it is old and the graphics are low. Get the pack as suggested in my previous post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost55
View Post

there is a mod for hl2 called black mesa source. it is hl1 in the source engine.

Black Mesa Source is not out that I can tell, and the HD addon pack borked my game. I even removed it and it still won't launch.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3hFurious1 View Post
Anyone have an idea when Black Mesa Source is coming out?

Quote:
Below is the current status for the Black Mesa project:

Release Status: Not Released
Mod Progress: On Schedule

(The development team does have an internal release date, however this will continue to be undisclosed to the public)
02-06-10

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:

Edit: In my googling, I came across this. Now my game won't even launch Not sure how to fix that.
Dude HL1 was released 10 years ago where hardwares are still low end and graphic cards are not up to today's standard, thats why the graphics are ugly now but 10 years ago that game has like the best graphic. You cant expect Crysis to be released 10 years ago while everyone is still using AGP. If you wanna play it, play it with its orginal graphic and try running it in compatibility mode.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy^^Red
View Post

Dude HL1 was released 10 years ago where hardwares are still low end and graphic cards are not up to today's standard, thats why the graphics are ugly now but 10 years ago that game has like the best graphic. You cant expect Crysis to be released 10 years ago while everyone is still using AGP. If you wanna play it, play it with its orginal graphic and try running it in compatibility mode.

I understand that. But for plenty of games, people have done texture packs to help increase the longevity of the game. They did it with HL2 for instance, among others.

And no go on compatibility mode. Shouldn't need to anyway, it was working yesterday, before I tried the texture pack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrThc
View Post

google fpsbanna for skins

Thanks, but they seem to mainly replace the original models?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix
View Post

There was an HD pack released with blue shift that made the game look much better...however, I can't seem to find how to get that working with steam... When Half-life went the way of steam and away from WON it kinda fubared the hd pack.

I don't have Blueshift, maybe that's why its not working?

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

I understand that. But for plenty of games, people have done texture packs to help increase the longevity of the game. They did it with HL2 for instance, among others.

And no go on compatibility mode. Shouldn't need to anyway, it was working yesterday, before I tried the texture pack.

Thanks, but they seem to mainly replace the original models?

I don't have Blueshift, maybe that's why its not working?

I honestly have no clue. I still own my Half-Life CD's for hl1 and it came with HL: Opposing Force and HL: Blue Shift. The Blue Shift cd had the HD pack.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Does the HD back , texture pack or whatever its called make any differences in the game in terms of graphic? Like make hl1 look like hl2? If yes. Im so gonna get it xD Hl1 was my all time epic FPS game.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I doubt it makes it look like HL2, but look at Black Mesa source. It looks good (and not released yet) but it's making HL1 on th HL2 engine.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, not source. Just regular HL1, the one that was $2 yesterday.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The HD pack does not change ANY textures. All it does is change the models of the weapons, enemies, and npcs to much much higher quality versions. (also made some controversial changes, like changed the MP5 to a M4)

Also, even for 10 years ago, this game had bad graphics. It was based on a modified Quake 1 engine, when at the same time Quake 3 was released.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, deleted all local content, redownloaded, and it STILL won't work. wth?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts