Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a cheapo (£16) SB Audigy thinking it would be better than my onboard tat ... and it is... MUCH (much much) better for my music and EQ2.

But HL2 engine games (well demos of FEAR & DMoMM.) just crash or glich after less then a minuite.

I read the HL2 engine was sensative to overclocking (but what developer/publisher doesn't say that to cover thier backsides and shrug off numerous support calls?) so i reigned everything back to stock... and yet it still happens (even worse in DMoMM at stock!).

Both demo's worked fine until a few days ago when i installed my Samsung SATA DVD+R and my SB Audigy.

Is there any known fix for this?
Or is it a: "return the Sound Card" job?

Cheers.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Do the follwoing procedure but this time in the place of Nvidia and ATI select ''Creative''.

Installing Graphic card driver efficiently!!! When you Update your graphics cards drivers theres ways that you should go about it. Follow these simple steps below.

1.Download and install ''Driver Cleaner'' Here:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html
2.Uninstall your Current Display drivers such as your ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia'' drivers.
3.Now run ''Driver cleaner'' and depending on the Drivers you have you will have to select either ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia'' from the drop down menu. Only select the main title of the driver in the drop down such as just ''ATI'' or ''Nvidia''
4.Once you have selected Your driver click on the ''Start'' button and this will now start the driver cleaning process. ( Do this twice to be sure )
5.Now reboot your system and Download the latest Nvidia or ATI and go ahead and install them.

Doing this avoids driver corruption and conflicts so you can now enjoy smooth gameplay.

Then After this install the most up to date drivers from auto update here : http://www.soundblaster.com/support/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK all done,

onboard sound is disabled in hardware and drivers removed,

reset,

creative drivers uninstialled,

reset,

Driver Cleaner ran,

reset,

fresh install,

reset.

DMoMM and Fear still crash with sound looping like mad.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
that's odd. I have a similar problem w/ HL2 episode 1 and sin epsidoes... but normally I can play for a while before my system crashes. And when mine crashes eventually it'll reboot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts