Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason all of a sudden the graphics in the game are flickering and the textures are flickering all over the place i will post some screen shoots

·
Registered
312 Posts
yea please help him
i got the same problem on ALL my games .. its started after i bought a new graphic card ( GainWard GeForce 6600 ) so please help both him and me

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i unistalled my video drivers and used NFR to get ride of everything, i also updated my bios and my chip set drivers, then i re-installed my video drivers and everything is working ok now.

Ill report back if anything changes

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what would be a good program to use, to realy test my video card to see how hot it is getting? btw i dont like ati tool so dont suggest that one

·
Registered
312 Posts
right click on your desktop > properties > settings > advance > GeForce 7800GTX > Tempratior thin
.. and then you should look on the left side and it should stand there how hot your card can be , mine can be 145 so i guess your card can be something around there .. and i dont think your card were overheatet , in that case it wouldnt helped with a bios upgrade ..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i was talking about a program that pushes your card so you can see how hot its getting, the over heat on my card is 115c and im running around 70c when im playing a game, but thats just it while im playing the game i cant see the temp at the same time.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Wow i know your from sweden but you speak bad english LoL.
Its ok if you cant see the temp while playing the game.
Pretty much any intensive game will get the heat up there.
BF2, Fear, or not games but graphic bench.. 3dmark05, 3dmark06.
Then just play for 10 minutes and minimize.
It will go down like 1-2 degrees right away tho nothing more than that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
right , yea iam swedish
.. Zippo476 i gonna do that you did on your computer tonight .. but when i update my bios i gonna need a floppy ? and how do i do then ? please tell me so i can get rid of my graphic problems ..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. go to asus.com
2. go to sweden on the main paige
3. up top go to downloads
4. choose downloads agin
5. under general downloads for product selection select on the top one
a. motherbourd
b. socket 478
c. Asus P4S800-MX
6. then on the tabs go to bios
7. then choose bios 1010 assuming your running windows, download and then extract open it and run the program

For chip set drivers just click on the drivers tap
and then choose what drivers you need

also go to nvidia and get the new graphics drivers and make sure you get nasty file remover and get rid of all over your old drivers before you install the new ones, then defragg (optional but still a good move)

·
Registered
312 Posts
thanks .. so i dont need any floppy
my friend used that when he did it , thats why i asked .. what kind of driver to the motherboard do i need ? sound , lan what i can figure out it is onlye those that i need ? .. i gonna a older drivers , the newest are bad i think .. the get better after a while

·
Registered
312 Posts
can i take 1011 ? or do i have to have 1010 ?
and what is SiS Mini IDE Driver 2.04a for WIN98SE/ME/2K/XP ?
are that the same as SiS IDE driver ? because i got one of those on my drivers cd i got with the board
and PCI Lan are that the LAN drivers ?
and SiS graphics adapter Driver 3.59 are that for the graphic card i got ON my board ? i dont use it but i could be good to have it installed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts