Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to reinstall Half Life 2. The first install, it installed off the DVD, but now, when i try to insatall it tries to download it from steam, which i dont want to do because i have dial up. is there a way to make it install from the HL2 disk?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Even if you install it from DVD, it still needs to connect to steam to download the update. Depending how old you copy is, the update could be huge.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but the update is a hell of a lot smaller than the original file, so it'll take less time XD

·
Excel Guru
12,120 Posts
If you are uninstalling HL2, you need to uninstall Steam as well as that is the update program. You can set Steam to not keep your programs up-to-date (right clicking on the program name in Steam gives you this option, if I recall), which will prevent you from having to download huge files, but you won't be able to play online more than likely because the servers will be updated.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried that, but what happenes is that it is downloading the actual game, not updates, and over dial up it will take 49 hours, but the first time i installed, it took like 3 hours...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts