Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this - http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...t-modding.html

It seems that my FX5900XT stands up to the 9800 pretty well. Now not that long ago wasnt the 9800 ATI top GPU? i only bought my card 6 months ago which cost about £150 which converts to about 280 US dollars which maybe expensive over there but it a relatively decent price over here.

What do you guys think or know about the FX5900XT compared to the 9800?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn
After reading this - http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...t-modding.html

It seems that my FX5900XT stands up to the 9800 pretty well. Now not that long ago wasnt the 9800 ATI top GPU? i only bought my card 6 months ago which cost about £150 which converts to about 280 US dollars which maybe expensive over there but it a relatively decent price over here.

What do you guys think or know about the FX5900XT compared to the 9800?
An overclocked 5900XT is about the same speed as a 9800pro. On games benchmarks it won 3 out of 10 so it's slighlty slower on average but you dont have any driver problems like I did with the 9800pro. (I've had both cards)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good, i was just thinking about money issues and i aint gonna have money to upgrade or build a new system for quite a while so i thought id check how good one i got now is. My system will play all games out at moment and quite a few to come so I should be orite for a while. Doom 3 plays fine although may experience slight jump now and then, think thats down to memory though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what about compared to the 6600GT? i know it no where near 6800GT but 6600GT? i do not know much about this card but after hearing of the 6800GT ive seen 6600GT flying around?
 

·
Some call me... Bifford
Joined
·
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn
so what about compared to the 6600GT? i know it no where near 6800GT but 6600GT? i do not know much about this card but after hearing of the 6800GT ive seen 6600GT flying around?
I had a 5950 Ultra (stock) and it was crap compared to the 6800 GT (stock).

EDIT: Darn, I read 6600 as 6800. Sorry...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD
I had a 5950 Ultra (stock) and it was crap compared to the 6800 GT (stock).

EDIT: Darn, I read 6600 as 6800. Sorry...
A 6600GT is a lot better than the 5900XT, Alot better but you do have some other issue's to address. Your M/B is poor and 512Mb ram could do with being increased. It's just a matter of upgrading a bit at a time as the money comes in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have plans to up my memory and basically replace it with 1GB DDR400 Corsair memory but no motherboard upgrade unfortunately money gonna be extremely tight. Thats why i was just checking about my GFX card. I have Overclocked it so with my memory upgrade my rig will last till I have money for the beast I want.

Currently DFI Lanparty mobo etc but by time money comes in for them there will be better so we will have to see.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top