Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was overclocking and I failed an overclock and my comp reset but it wasn't showing any video. So I turned it off and on but still no video, just black screen but everything else inside turns on (fans etc.). I re checked my video connections a couple of times, I am pretty sure that's not it.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenshinobi

Well I was overclocking and I failed an overclock and my comp reset but it wasn't showing any video. So I turned it off and on but still no video, just black screen but everything else inside turns on (fans etc.). I re checked my video connections a couple of times, I am pretty sure that's not it.

Try resetting your CMOS.

·
Daves not here man
1,474 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaKing

Try resetting your CMOS.

I found that that worked on the garage pc, was almost ready to break out the bfh on it (sledge hammer was so close)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yay it worked... but wow that was a job. I was scared it wouldnt even be possible to reach the battery and the jumper. My water cooling in my case makes everything really cramped... Maybe I should buy a second U2 ufo and mod it onto my current one...

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Glad to hear it. On my PC whenever something goes wrong I just reset the CMOS as a lame excuse for fixing it, but sometimes it's the only thing that'll work. Such as in the above case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts