Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...processor.html
I posted this a while back about my amazing oc's with a via chipset, well I'm at it again.

I'm in windows @ 3.2 ghz, my vcore is 1.58. My ram is running @ 179mhz with the timings 3-3-3-8, with a dimm voltage of 2.7v. my agp/pci is 72/35. is there anything...ANYTHING I can do to make it stable? OCCT's dropping out about 2 minutes in.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I would raise the vcore to 1.65V and drop the AGP/PCI back to 66/33 spec. If that does not work, then I would begin to drop the fsb until it does work. I would also see if I could find a Prescott Fan/Heatsink assembly and use it. I would also apply some good thermal paste such as AS5+. With those dram timings and that dram I would drop the voltage back to spec (2.5V).

Luck with you

R

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey

I would raise the vcore to 1.65V and drop the AGP/PCI back to 66/33 spec. If that does not work, then I would begin to drop the fsb until it does work. I would also see if I could find a Prescott Fan/Heatsink assembly and use it. I would also apply some good thermal paste such as AS5+. With those dram timings and that dram I would drop the voltage back to spec (2.5V).

Luck with you

R

heh, I can't drop it back to 66/33 man, no agp/pci locks...but at least I have settings lol, otherwise my agp would be like 100mhz
it did the same @ 1.6 volts, and I'm using as5.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Then I would lower the fsb until the errors ceased. I hate playing a game and dopping to the desktop in the middle of a frag. No increase of fsb is worth that to me.

Settings are better than no settings

R

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm I gotta figure this out...this chipset can do it, I don't doubt it, its just a matter of playing with things lol.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I hit 3.142ghz right now...I'm gonna run some checks on it, see how it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts