Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm toying with a couple ideas.....i have currently 2 6600GT in SLI (of course if i have two), and i have a bit of money to throw around. Wondering....i am thinking about a few things. The things i am thinking about are a new Hitachi Desktar 500 GB HDD, an eVGA 7800 GTX, or a 19" LCD....any thoughts if the performance boost i would get with the 7800 GTX would be worth it....jsut a question....any help is appreciated...thanks for the help....

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
well u will see a good boost in performance with the gtx, but i think you would be best off waiting a few months for the G71's to come out and the GTX prices will drop a decent bit, and then maybe you could get that aswell as a new HDD or monitor... then a little further down the road you can get another GTX for SLI

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
well that would be kickass....if you really have the money to throw at it then go for it, but if you wanna save a little money then go with the GTX's like i suggested... your choice man... wish i had the money for a new card like that :\\

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been saving for awhile....like.....6 months....and doing a heck of alot of overtime.....Working for FEMA kicks ass.....

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
I'd go for the 19" display as all the other will become a lot cheaper in a month or two.
I was thinking about the dx 10 boards too. Is it worth buying a high end card knowing that in winter (when vista arrives) it would be obsolete? Just a thaught...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts