Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm what can I do for my Craptatic case?
I'm thinking of painting it black and making it shiny, like this case
What esle can I do?
Pics of case are attached

·
Registered
975 Posts
Painting it would make it look quite decent, even if it's not as shiny as the example... change the front leds for a single color, and stealth or paint the dvd/cdrw. How about a side window with some decent lighting?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hmmm...for starters.....stealth drive covers.....blowhole....do something more exhotic than black......maybe a silver flek blue metallic....idk....whatever you can imagine...within reason you can do...

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya i was gonna say add a window to the side and get some cold cathodes of your choice...

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I make the CD drives stealth?
How at the white case with Blue LEDs.... it's sounds unique....
Kinda like a Nintendo revoltion:

Then again white is boring. btw, I'm not going to paint it red

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Well, I am going through the same thing with my cheap fry's case, I decided to paint it, and It is looking good sofar. I do recommend if you paint your case, let it dry for atleast a day or more (ie, don't expect to have your compy running for a week unless you don't use a case) I am into graphics and logos, usually make your case a simple base color, and paint on your favorite logo using a stensil (sp) or outline of somesort.

Then again, you might want to add a side window and some extra case fans to make it look cool

·
Registered
312 Posts
well you could change your fan in the cases side to a colored fan .. it would be nice after you had paiting it to .. and just like some antoher guy just said , change the front panel LEDS to a singel colour i think it woulb be nice with a black case , and blue front leds and then a blue fan on the side , what do you think ey ?

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm ok so far it's:
Black/White Case
Blue LEDs/Fans with LEDs
side Window (acrylic)

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545

don't forget stealthing and a blowhole!

how do I do that?

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
bah... window is expensive, paint is expensive and a pain in the ass.
keep your case open and just get a few UV cathodes, UV-sleeve all ur cables and UV-pen-mod all the other things you want to have glowing. Looks awesome ;D

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmay7

bah... window is expensive, paint is expensive and a pain in the ass.
keep your case open and just get a few UV cathodes, UV-sleeve all ur cables and UV-pen-mod all the other things you want to have glowing. Looks awesome ;D

Sorry I didn't read that you had a budget...

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoRmEd

Sorry I didn't read that you had a budget...

Hey I'm the thread starter here not him lol he was suggesting something

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok... I'm going to acculty do something now... I've sparyed the whole case with white primer, and I plan on adding "steps/foots" the bottum of the case, and adding blue light to make it glow from under
. the "lines" in the front will be cut out, and I'll put some kind of blue light (donno what kind.. UV? cold clother-something?) behind it so it'll glow too. I'll do the side panel, but properly only on 1 side.... no side fans. I think I'll put 2 80mm front fans, 2 80mm back fans, and maybe a 120mm fan on the bottum. I thin I'll paint it primary black, and the front will have some gray in it.

Edit: Maybe the window will be red-tinted biohazard sign

1 - 17 of 17 Posts