Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
What is it? Is it different from sleeving? If I were to infer from the name I would guess that it is like a plastic spiral that wraps around the wires but I'm not sure.

Any kind of sleeve I think is a nice touch...keeps things neat. I used the kind that you see on automotive electronics. I didn't realize that if I went to the auto parts shop I could get them in different colors so mine are just black (I think you can see them in my rig pics...not really, I got to get a better internal pic).

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea dude they wrap around it in a spiral motion. and they apparently turn uv somehow. i thought it was pretty cool and maybe easier than sleeving.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
I guess it would be cool, but there is likely cool ways of sleaving and making your computer glow colors... Id be perfectly happy doing my own sleaving

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

They are definitely a good option if you don't feel like messing with sleeving and taking off molex's and such. If you get some post some pics of the finished project. You can even use it to wrap the IDE cables also.

good thinkin. i wonder what uv looks like on top of red? ill have to speariment when i get 8 bucks

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
33' for 8 bucks is pretty nice. I might have to get some.. I'm sick of sleeving wires everytime I add or change a fan in my case.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

good thinkin. i wonder what uv looks like on top of red? ill have to speariment when i get 8 bucks

You need to have some UV light to get any UV reactivness from them. If you have red cathode, that wont work.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob
You need to have some UV light to get any UV reactivness from them. If you have red cathode, that wont work.
n0ooo dude im talkiin about the wires. im not sure i wanna put it on anything other than molexes cuz u cant see anything else relly. rig showcase pics soon

EDIT*******

i have blue lights in my case

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles
yea dude they wrap around it in a spiral motion. and they apparently turn uv somehow. i thought it was pretty cool and maybe easier than sleeving.
Blob was commenting on how they glow...the material it is made of is sensitive to UV light, so you need to install a UV light source inside your case in order to get them to glow, otherwise they will just look whatever color they are in the package.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts