Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the website and to case mods......

Im building a new system this weekend and would love to do some good cable management but im not sure on where to place the holes and the sizes I might need. I have the P5Q Pro board if that is any help to you. Any help, suggestions or comments would be great.

Here is a picture of all the components I will be using in the build.

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
THROW AWAY NORTON, it is the Devil of anti-virus.

I am waiting for my Antec 300 to arrive and I am going to be drilling holes for my mobo also. I plan on doing one at the top left for the 4/8pin cpu power and the rear 120mm fan cables to go. One by the 24-pin. One by the SATA connectors and 1 by the front panel connectors. This is for my HTPC so I don't have a gpu(using 780g onboard) but you might want one for that or use the SATA hole. Then last hole by PSU for cables to run from PSU to the rest of the case.

I am using a 1" holesaw for all of it. For the PSU and 24pin holes I will drill 2 next to each other so it looks like an 8 and file them down to make a rounded rectangle.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...10000003+90401
thats the holesaw I am using with my DeWalt power drill. Also get some plumber tapping oil to put on and help create a cleaner cut. Also start from one side and end from the other side so you get a smoother and cleaner cut. Post up some pics. I will do the same!

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
THROW AWAY NORTON, it is the Devil of anti-virus.

I am waiting for my Antec 300 to arrive and I am going to be drilling holes for my mobo also. I plan on doing one at the top left for the 4/8pin cpu power and the rear 120mm fan cables to go. One by the 24-pin. One by the SATA connectors and 1 by the front panel connectors. This is for my HTPC so I don't have a gpu(using 780g onboard) but you might want one for that or use the SATA hole. Then last hole by PSU for cables to run from PSU to the rest of the case.

I am using a 1" holesaw for all of it. For the PSU and 24pin holes I will drill 2 next to each other so it looks like an 8 and file them down to make a rounded rectangle.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...10000003+90401
thats the holesaw I am using with my DeWalt power drill. Also get some plumber tapping oil to put on and help create a cleaner cut. Also start from one side and end from the other side so you get a smoother and cleaner cut. Post up some pics. I will do the same!
Lol, it looks like he bought it though. I would recommend taking it back for a refund rather than throwing it away. I recommend NOD32 instead. Not that this even answers your question.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided not to drill holes right now and just get the computer build together so here are a couple of pictures of the build and my version of cable management...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yep, definitely a good idea to get it working first, then take the time to take care of cables, ect.

On the other hand, I will agree and say return or sell Norton. I prefer bit defender personally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts