Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at FahMon and trying to figure out why one of my VMware clients was showing 1day 7 hours to complete a WU. Damn thing has the biggest SMP WU I have ever seen. It's is worth 3340.
Anyway still getting about 2K ppd on it but wow it's a biggie!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,848 Posts
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
Was looking at FahMon and trying to figure out why one of my VMware clients was showing 1day 7 hours to complete a WU. Damn thing has the biggest SMP WU I have ever seen. It's is worth 3340.
Anyway still getting about 2K ppd on it but wow it's a biggie!!!

Can you show your FahMon, including stats please
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by spaceballsrules
View Post

Can you show your FahMon, including stats please


Here's the sig rig.



Just restarted so the one VMware is kind of optimistic. This machine is good for about 12K a day.

The other rig is good for about 4K a day. Stock damn processor, stupid BTX design.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,477 Posts
Those P2653 WUs are crap for PPD, just like all the other a1 core WUs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,470 Posts
Had a 1680 for the CPU, and had no choice but to delete it, as it would've taken a week to finish!! The 905 one I working on now will take over 1d 20hs @100%.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarryNite View Post
Had a 1680 for the CPU, and had no choice but to delete it, as it would've taken a week to finish!! The 905 one I working on now will take over 1d 20hs @100%.

What do you mean by "had no choice but to delete it"? The E8500 wouldn't do it within the deadline?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,470 Posts
I can complete more smaller units faster. So it get the point of diminshing returns with huge WUs (they're great with quads, but I'm using only one processor).

Like the 477 WUs take about 2hrs 10mins to finish. 2x477 in 4hrs 20mins or 2x511 in over 8hrs. Only way I topped 3k yesterday was because I had smaller units to turn in faster.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by StarryNite
View Post

I can complete more smaller units faster. So it get the point of diminshing returns with huge WUs (they're great with quads, but I'm using only one processor).

Like the 477 WUs take about 2hrs 10mins to finish. 2x477 in 4hrs 20mins or 2x511 in over 8hrs. Only way I topped 3k yesterday was because I had smaller units to turn in faster.

I'd say it's not healthy for the project to intentionally delete WUs.
It's kinda like trying to "cheat" in a game where everyone aims for the same common goal, help a cure.

Just make sure it's running and everything will be better I say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,470 Posts
You delete them at anytime for any reason, as you'll lose WUs at anytime for any reason.

And if OCN ever wants to get to the #1 slot, they can't be slow pokes with turning in WUs.

So get those WUs out!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by StarryNite
View Post

You delete them at anytime for any reason, as you'll lose WUs at anytime for any reason.

And if OCN ever wants to get to the #1 slot, they can't be slow pokes with turning in WUs.

So get those WUs out!


I still disagree. It's still not helping the project itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
As long as the quads (like me) arent doing that : p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by StarryNite
View Post

I never got into folding for the project itself.


At least you admit it.

I also don't agree with it though
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,900 Posts
Yeah? 2.5M steps, only worth 2000points, its been crunching it for 3 days...

poor E2180 @ 3.0Ghz, wish it had VT so I could use VMplayer SMP for some more points...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top