Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason, my Crucial Value ram is running at 260Mhz...

is this normal?

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think so, cuz i'm (now) running 270x9 with no ram divider...and ntune and cpuz say the same thing

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSubtleKnife

i dont think so, cuz i'm (now) running 270x9 with no ram divider...and ntune and cpuz say the same thing

Wow, nice.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2.92...and i got this ram out of my parents' old gateway!

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
That's awesome, did you looks at the chips on it?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
thats no fair when your old gateway ram can run faster than my $145 (up to 220 now) g.skill set

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, sry, i meant 2.92
how many more volts should i put in?

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sry for the double post, but theese ram chips are most likely Micron 5B C chips...if anyone wanted to know

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
Nice, now i've seen it all lol!

Value RAM outdoing some normal quality RAM!!

Learn something new everyday! Crucial value ftw!

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Value RAM with amazing overclockability isn't that rare of a thing...at least it wasn't that rare. Memory manufacturers used to make value RAM out of Winbond BH-5 chips before it was declared an enthusiast product. I believe the old Kingston, GeIL and TwinMOS value RAM used Winbond chips before the companies wised up and slapped bigger price tags on them.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
If they are cool to the touch all shoud be well but most DDR Micron (Crucial) usually top out at 2.9v but you may want to find there best stable performance @ 2.85v for longevity.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Value ram really isnt all that bad. Mine runs at 265 with 2.6v and very relaxed timings(3-4-3-8)

Edit: the ic's say samsung uccc

Edit 2
DR580 3-4-4-8 2.8v
go value ram

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate

Value RAM with amazing overclockability isn't that rare of a thing...at least it wasn't that rare. Memory manufacturers used to make value RAM out of Winbond BH-5 chips before it was declared an enthusiast product. I believe the old Kingston, GeIL and TwinMOS value RAM used Winbond chips before the companies wised up and slapped bigger price tags on them.

yes to the kingston because I have some in another rig and it oc's to [email protected]
[email protected] 2t I can run it at 1t but it kinda gets quirky<<<<

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup...i was thinking of some heatspreaders so i can add more volts...are they worth it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts