Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol Anything else I can cool on this? In case somebody notices the springs on the CPU block are completely compressed because its naked mounted and sits directly on the standoffs

Updated pics of it all finished

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

I hate to be "that guy" but: this
If only that worked as advertised. I've read some bad things about that PSU. I'd be totally down for a high powered watercooled PSU to silence an entire PC but they're just not that great.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15goudreau View Post

My PSU fan is the loudest thing in my rig I swear... I might throw in a AP-14 or something to shut it up.
get a better psu. ive never ever ever heard mine. even at 900w load.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKrader View Post

get a better psu. ive never ever ever heard mine. even at 900w load.
I think I'll pass
wink.gif
1250W OCZ. Plus I just finished sleeving it yesterday. I'll put another fan in it and leave it as is.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That water chiller is sexy. I definitely have the aqauero controller sitting in my cart lol. Oh and yes I want a water cooled PSU also...mine never ever makes a sound but it radiates a ton of heat into my case.

Do those chillers work pretty good?

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsports View Post

Lo Anything else I can cool on this?

What? No water block on the Wi-Fi chip?

• Rep+
Reactions: streetsports

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
get your money back on scrap alone when that dies
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladcrooks View Post

get your money back on scrap alone when that dies
biggrin.gif
True. Thing weighs a ton...hopefully the standoffs are up for the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJohn View Post

Yep! weesteev did it some time ago with a router:
IMG_3738.jpg

It's looking like a nice build, I am impressed with how neat you have kept the tubing round the board.
Thanks...I was going to use the phobya 180 degree sli connector to connect the vrm blocks at the corner but I couldn't wait till Monday...my case should be here today so I mite actually get to use it tomorrow...down time sucks lol...

I wonder how that block is mounted to the chip in that pic...does thermal glue hold that well?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really wanted to do the solid copper this time around but just couldn't find the bawls to invest the $...I think I'll do acrylic tube next time which will get me the fittings I need...eventually I'll try the copper though...it definitely makes it look sexy

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,324 Posts
There are blocks for hdd too:

If you have a DDC pump, you can mod a ramblock to cool it (a'la Slinky's monster).

A5 controller (as mentioned before) has a block.

Besides the psu, which is an extremely bad idea and I hear the Koolance unit sucks, that does it for wc. It can get addicting to the point you wanna slap as many blocks as possible
biggrin.gif
. I currently have nine blocks in my rig (cpu, 4x gpu, 2x ram, & 2x mb).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Glad to see you have 2 90 degree fittings from VRM to CPU block, I thought I was an idiot for doing that on my setup.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Was it derick who watercooled a raid-card?
headscratch.gif

·
I miss Case Labs
1,708 Posts
It was @cpachris in his Big Budget Boomer Box. Massive amount of win in that build.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts