Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers. Unless it's possible for me to use Logitech X-530's with my Onkyo TSXR506 receiver (I don't think it's possible, but prove me wrong).

I'm looking to spend no more than 200$. I know that's not a lot for an entire set of 5.1 speakers, but that's all I want to spend.

Anyone know of a set of speakers that will sound/perform just as good as my Logitech X-530's?

I was looking at these two sets:

http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acousti...6824682&sr=1-6

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-NS-SP18...824682&sr=1-11

^Where would either of those sets rank beside the X-530s?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Your X-530's have a black, green, and orange connector coming out of them which plugs into the PC, correct? If your reciever has a headphone jack or something similar at the front or back of the unit, you can plug the green plug into that, and the reciever will think your speakers are headphones.

When I had Logitech X-540 speakers, I did the same thing as I stated above with my Sony reciever. I had to find which channel the "headphones" were able to produce sound from (Input), but after I found that, it worked flawlessly. Of course besides the fact that I had 3 wires coming out from the front of my reciever.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^There's an idea. I'll have to experiment with that later on tomorrow. +Rep, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
343 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: 66gto

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice nice. Those speakers look great. They seem like a great value from the review, and coming from a site that looks like they know their stuff, that's even better.

I will look further into those speakers

*edit* UGHHH....the center speaker would be too tall for my setup and would get in the way of the TV. Unless I mounted it above the tv or on the wall behind it, but I didn't want to do that. *tear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts