Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
If your on a budget, sure.. but it doesnt support DTS. Which is very noticable in movies from dolby digital (for me atleast).

Might want to wait for some other feedback because I dont know much about Speakers. But I do know that quality > wattage, and usually with cheap 5.1 set ups its better to just go with a quality 2.1.

• Rep+
Reactions: PigLetPInk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke

If your on a budget, sure.. but it doesnt support DTS. Which is very noticable in movies from dolby digital (for me atleast).

Might want to wait for some other feedback because I dont know much about Speakers. But I do know that quality > wattage, and usually with cheap 5.1 set ups its better to just go with a quality 2.1.

So this one is better than?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...05&catid=20311

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Onkyo HTS770 is just about the best home theater you can get for the price. Looks like it is sitting at about $400 right now, but i got mine about 6 months ago when they were $250 on Outpost.com. I went to the Fry's store and they had it marked wrong so I got it for $205.

EDIT: ^^^ no that one isnt any better.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbite

Get this one, What are using it for?

DVD.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Out of the systems you have shown, they will sound better that a stock TV, but won't be anything special. I'd recomend getting a cheap DVD player and a system like This.

It will sound much better, and you could do double-duty with your PC if you wanted to.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PigLetPInk

Yeah, but it's only 70 watts

At a much lower impeadence. It will take that power, and use it much more efficently that the others would. Also, it's SNR is over 96 decibles, wich is a better indication of the volume than raw wattage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts