Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Yes, I beleive it is. But i guess it kinda depends on your pump. If you want to make a larger resivior I would just use extra plastic, and some caulk (if you want to get it done in 10 seconds) otherwise I would suggest going on ebay and looking for one.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
In all reality a resivior is simply a cut off milk carton (so to speak). It is simple to make, and if you have like a submersable pump and a (20 gal.) fish tank all you need is a CPU block and some tubing, and you can make a good watercooling system just like that. Just add a little ICE, and VWALA! Custom made water cooling system, thingy.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
It is easy and cheap. I used a rubbermade container, some hose barbs from Ace Hardware, and garden hose gaskets. You cut the wholes out with a dremel.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
yes it is very easy and cheap to make one out of a tupperware container or some other similar containers...

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerBello

What?

Its simply adding barbs to a container of some sort(Thats the simplest way).

You may want to contact fstfrddy,i know he made a nice one (like pauldovi's) a while back.

He made the exact same one as me, infact he is the one who taught me how to make mine. :withstupi

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine didn't even need barbs - its a plastic tub with a clip-on lid. The pump is submersable, and fits inside. I just had to cut three holes in the lid - in, out and power.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Yes, it's doable, you need some sort of container with a thicker sidewall, at least that's what I suggest. Also, threading the holes makes the barbs go in easier. Also, sealing up the barbs with silicone will help prevent leaks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts