3. the rest I buy
heres my current cost of my project !
Pc W/C cooling projectCDN Dollas!

Backup ComponentsCostQuanity
1. Backup heat sinkNo need =D
2.Thermal Paste$7.99 1canadian computers

Project~
1.Copper$10.50 1from supra market!Got it! FrEE
2. Barbs$14.25 6http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekhiflfig14t.htmlout of stock =(
3.BackPlate$7.95 1make myself
3. Sealant$8.00 1JB weld or copper weld bought
4. TubingFree2 meters
5.PolycorbanterFree
6.Pump$21 1Canadian tireDone
pics coming
7.Heater Core http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/fo...327758560.html or this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcqpo12bl.html
Distilled water3 bucks2 litresHave it
Hyper lube =D naw I got prestone Pics coming

I give my thanks to ira-k and freddy <-- helpful post/threads! =D

Before temps:idle or the most idle I can get it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Note I reseted my Min and Max

Load

I got a new case :3

and now

I using the old case for this >.>

Cheap ATX PSU for power (seperate)
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...375&CatId=1076

how to remove rivets:

film_go.png
YouTube- Pop Rivet Guide for PC Case Modding

How to make Res:

http://www.overclockers.com/water-co...ruction-guide/
Note: find plastic you can't bend/crush with your hand or else it will crack!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chip set water block goes here ( I have crappy drilling)

everthing cut up!

Chipset water block well half of it

Beside it is well free copper for cpu !

pump all I need to add is the "in" part xD

Just a btw that is not the hose i will be using
This is:

Radiator coming soon!

HEHE NEW CASE!

Pump Is COMPLETE!
look below

I painted it black how do you like it

I went to the dollar store and bought this
the "reservoir"

Notice if you read closely it has a steam release vent I'm going to use that for filling (its the white thing on cap)

A little vinegar for my barbs Keep it shiny

Update:
The reservoir above has too thin plastic so it cracked now I;m looking for a better one
Reserved for waterblock

·
Registered
113 Posts
While I imagine to make a simplistic block wouldn't be too hard, the internal designs have become rather intricate the past couple of years with microchannels and such. And thus to get the better performance of today's blocks, you need those types of advancements. Good Luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by blbrchnk View Post
While I imagine to make a simplistic block wouldn't be too hard, the internal designs have become rather intricate the past couple of years with microchannels and such. And thus to get the better performance of today's blocks, you need those types of advancements. Good Luck.
its only a p4 =D no biggy
thinking of making a three inlets one outlet =D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Careful with that sterling silver. As I understand it, sterling is significantly less effective than pure silver as an antimicrobial agent.

It's not an immediate concern, but I figured I'd best warn you so you can tweak your solution to bacterial growth before it becomes a problem.

·
AMD s939 LVL 99+
2,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shurik06_83 View Post
not knocking ur block building ability but any block u make ur self will never outdoo a premade block
Not true, I have a custom handbuilt block and its within a couple degrees on idle and load of my heatkiller 3.0. BUT,t he block is very restrictive and not lapped yet, so once mods are done, it should be on par, if not better than the hk 3.0.

So, if you know what you are doing, you might get better results than you think. And although a homemade w/c loop might sound cool, its probably gonna look jenky as all getout. That can be considered a taste tho. Good luck tho!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwishaMane View Post
Not true, I have a custom handbuilt block and its within a couple degrees on idle and load of my heatkiller 3.0. BUT,t he block is very restrictive and not lapped yet, so once mods are done, it should be on par, if not better than the hk 3.0.

So, if you know what you are doing, you might get better results than you think. And although a homemade w/c loop might sound cool, its probably gonna look jenky as all getout. That can be considered a taste tho. Good luck tho!
Honestly, I doubt it'll match it. And then there are blocks out there that are beginning to leave the HK 3.0 in the dust, so that's beside the point even if it does.

The quality of manufacturing available to companies producing waterblocks and the continued engineering and improvement upon past designs is pretty hard to outmatch. I'm willing to agree that building a home-made waterblock might be fun, but it won't match the performance of the newly developed blocks from quality manufacturers.

I think this kind of thing is going to be relegated to novelty pretty soon, because it'll become clear that no one can build a block compared to what they can buy without state-of-the-art CNC machine tools.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwishaMane View Post

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ltbob View Post
this is for fun xD I don't want wars started here either xD and also its FUN to do this well at least to me =D!
Yeah it's fun..
..Looking forward to build pic's!

·
AMD s939 LVL 99+
2,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimpykins
View Post

What do you want as proof? That I have a custom cpu block, or the temp comparisons? All I got is my word from my experience with that one.
All same clocks, OC wise, etc...

HK 3.0
idle: 32C
load: 53C (OCCT linpack)

SWISH block: Idle 31C, and due to flow restrictions in the block, idle slowly rises with on time...
Load: 55 - 58C+ over time

HK3.0 stomps it right now, but my custom block needs lapped and the flow increased, which is a mod I have planned for this weekend. I'm also re-thinking a small part of the mounting system, trying to give board more even support. The block is made in 3 layers, the milled copper, acrylic second layer which blends to outputs to one exit barb, and top acrylic for seal.

Sorry to hijack, lol.

On topic: I'm very interested to see some pics of this too. And I will try to help anyway I can if need be. Subb'd

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sivyr View Post
Careful with that sterling silver. As I understand it, sterling is significantly less effective than pure silver as an antimicrobial agent.

It's not an immediate concern, but I figured I'd best warn you so you can tweak your solution to bacterial growth before it becomes a problem.
but they used in they used it in the hospitals as anti-septic until the 1980s because of the price xD

FACT:their was the time during the war where silver cost less then coppperxD

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ltbob View Post
and whats the 56k warning thing? do I add if it has a certain amount of pics
It's not required, but you can if you want.

Before high-speed internet became the norm a lot of people were still using dial-up, with some ISPs charging a set rate per MB downloaded. Posting '56K Warning' or something similar was meant to tip those users off that the thread had a large number of pics in it, thus potentially saving those people $$$.

These days it's mostly used tongue-in-cheek as a way to tell others that you're posting a ton of big-ass pics.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts